FIFTEEN / pomegranates and green grapes.

Începe de la început

"is luffy doing ok?" anjali asked as they began walking once more through the tangerine grove.

the man thought for a moment. "yeah. he's still optimistic."

the copper haired woman smiled. "good. i have a feeling nami needs our help."

zoro looked at her oddly. "you really think she didn't betray us?"

she shook her head. "she just tricked us. if anything, the one she's betraying is arlong."

the man hummed in response. "if you say so."

anjali turned her head slightly to look at him. "you're not gonna doubt every word i say like normally?"

his eyes turned to look into anjali's, and he gave a small smile. "why would i? i trust you."

the woman blinked and leaned closer, cupping her hand around her ear with a grin. "wow. wait, say that again. i need to hear it slower this time."

zoro rolled his eyes and pushed her hand away, his fingers lingering on her skin for a few seconds longer than they should've.

anjali only laughed and picked two tangerines from the nearest tree and handed one to the man, who took it hesitantly.

"what, you don't like tangerines?" she raised a brow, beginning to peel the fruit with her hands.

zoro shrugged. "not really a fan of oranges. i prefer pomegranates."

anjali sighed wistfully, turning her gaze to the stars. "i've never tried pomegranates before. but i love grapes. those big, crunchy green ones."

the pirate hunter watched anjali with fondness rimming his eyes. "what else haven't you tried?"

the swordsmaster thought for a while, before ultimately shrugging her shoulders. "not sure. there's millions of things i haven't tried yet."

"we'll go next time. you can do everything the chief never let you." the man said softly, handing anjali his now peeled tangerine.

the woman smiled, plopping a slice into her mouth.

"sure."

"what, you don't believe me?" the man asked, and their shoulders knocked as he stepped closer.

"no, i do." anjali hummed, her stomach filling with thousands of fluttering butterflies.

watching her now, roronoa zoro thought kumar anjali was the most beautiful woman he'd ever met, and would ever meet.

he gently tucked a strand of her auburn hair behind her ears, and turned to face her.

"pearl, i —" he never got to finish his sentence, because anjali's eyes widened and fear flickered across them, illuminated by the unmistakable sight of torches in the distance.

anjali could hear someone running, then fall to the ground with a thud.

anjali's eyes searched the dark grove, and began running towards the sound of faraway voices, dragging along zoro by the arm as he did his best to keep up.

eventually, the duo found themselves staring at luffy and nami, the latter of which was sobbing, the tattoo on her shoulder now heavily scratched out by a blade. her eyes were hidden away by luffy's straw hat.

"nami!" the auburn haired woman cried out, and she embraced her friend as if there had never been any animosity between them.

anjali had always been that way. forgive and forget. it was in her nature. it was who she was.

"arlong is preparing an attack." luffy explained to the two.

anjali could spot the oncoming sanji and usopp running towards them in the distance.

"shit." she said under her breath.

zoro used her for support, his hand resting against anjali's shoulder as he caught his breath. she turned to look at him worriedly.

"you okay?" she asked, peeking at the hidden bandages on his chest.

he nodded. "fine. just need to catch my breath."

anjali rubbed his back in circles, helping the pirate hunter regain his breath after over exerting himself.

"what are we waiting for?" anjali said suddenly. "arlong's attacking the village, so let's go kick his ass."

luffy nodded, looking far more serious than anjali had ever seen him.

"you don't even have any weapons on you." zoro argued, stopping the auburn haired woman.

anjali grinned. "a swordsmaster can use any weapon."

she pulled out her two remaining daggers and tapped one to her head, her eyes slightly crazed.

the man smiled at her. there was no use in arguing with someone who could easily defeat him in terms of swordsmanship.

"good luck, and don't die. i'll kill you if you do." anjali said as the five crew members lined up to see the destruction about to occur in coco village.

"same to you." zoro nodded, clenching his one remaining sword tightly.

‎ ‎

‎ ⚔︎ AUTHOR'S NOTE !

i wrote this at like 6 am but yess another chapter is up!!!

i hate how short this chapter is but the episode finished and i didn't even notice that there was only scenes at arlong park and with the marines so i didn't have much to write ab bc obv anjali wasn't there 😣

i wanted to make this chapter longer bc i don't wanna finish writing this yet but there was nothing i could add 😭 hopefully for the last ep i can make it around 3 chapters tho!!!

pls lmk if there are any mistakes in the spelling or anything so i can fix it !

also don't b afraid to vote or comment, i will probably (very likely) reply!!!!

happy reads!

─── ANNIE