"Didn't know you were a seeker," Hazel said, glancing at her quickly.

Constance grinned, "Let's hope I can actually beat you this time, rather than what happened in Crossed Wands."

Hazel laughed, dipping low to avoid the quaffle being shot toward a hoop. "I wouldn't get your hopes up."She gained speed, getting closer to the Snitch. Constance fell behind. She quickly looked back to see what had slowed Constance.

She was flying erratically, a bludger relentlessly going after her. She managed to kick it away long enough for her to escape- and then it returned. Hazel's eyes drifted to its origin and saw him. She didn't have time to ponder this though, as she then dodged a bludger from Ravenclaw and reached her hand out. She was so close- it was almost at her fingertips.

Then she saw Oliver, sitting on one of the benches, watching the whole thing.

He had never shown up to practice before. Why now?

Hazel gritted her teeth. She couldn't afford to get distracted now. She felt bad for the whole thing with Imelda, but she knew it wasn't her fault.

"Missed me?" Constance came up beside Hazel. She gestured to someone on the other side of the field. Hazel tried to keep her eye on the Snitch- an advantage that Constance had lost when she gestured.

Where was Sebastian? What had happened to his targeting Constance?

She glanced back quickly, looking for him. He swung his bat, hitting the Ravenclaw Keeper while Imelda threw the Quaffle through one of the hoops.

She turned her head back and saw the Snitch. She was closer than Constance still, so she leaned forward on her broom and stretched her hand out to catch it- until she was hit in the stomach by a bludger. Her hand fell. Constance leaned forward on her own broom, and caught the Snitch.

"I caught it!" She shouted, pumping her fist. Everyone's heads snapped over to look at her. Hazel saw Imelda glance at her after, disappointment in her eyes.

Hector and Imelda dismissed the teams. Hazel lowered her broom, wanting to speak with her.

"Imelda?"

Imelda quickly closed the box on the resisting balls and stood up. "Not your best performance." She said, avoiding Hazel's eyes.

She felt like pointing out Sebastian's lack of help, but shook her head instead. "I'm sorry."

"For what, exactly?" Imelda snapped, gracing Hazel with a glare. "How does it feel to come in second now?"

"What?" Hazel's jaw dropped open. Imelda ignored her, picked up the box and her broom, leaving Hazel alone in the field.

"I thought it was a good performance." Oliver shouted, leaning over the railing. Hazel glanced at him.

"Eavesdropping isn't polite." She said, pulling off her gloves and stuffing them in her pocket.

"Sorry."

"Why'd you come?"

He shrugged. "I was intrigued." He didn't elaborate and Hazel really wasn't in the mood for idle chatter so she let it drop.

"Thanks for coming. I have to leave though." She said, craning her neck to look at him. He nodded.

As she walked away, she felt all her frustration and pent-up anger return. Getting into the game had helped her forget it for a while, but both Sebastian's and Imelda's lack of response made her furious. And sad. She was also hungry.

Instead of a Christmas dinner, Professor Black declared that they would be having a Christmas lunch. Everyone actually seemed on board with this idea, since they could eat, take a long nap, and then eat desserts again when they woke up.