Prologue

"I just

"I just.. I don't get her. She promised me the world and I-" tears shimmer in her eyes.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, you're okay. I'm here, Max. You're not alone." I assure as I bring her closer to me.

She continues to sob whilst on top of me, and I can't help but feel hurt seeing her like this.

"I'm just... I'm so tired, all the time. Everything I do is never enough, it seems."

"Just breathe," I raise her head. "Look at me— look at me, love. Breathe, in and out. Breathe with me, okay?" She nods, following my actions.

"Keep your eyes on me, just focus on me. You're gonna be okay, I'm here." I say, running my fingers through her hair. "Sometimes, there's just no explanation for how people act. Eventually, you just gotta learn to let go of the past."

Her eyes well up with tears, and I manage to catch them before they flow too far.

"It's always gonna hurt, but you can choose when to start focusing on something other than the pain. If you keep waiting until you're done getting over it, you're never gonna live in peace."

"I'm here, Max. I'll always be here."

It seems as if life is the cause of all flaws within their needs.

Seventeen year old, Lucille Evans, silently struggling to cope with reality. She saw no point in life, until she met her.

Maxine LeBlanc, a sixteen year old who wants nothing more than to let go of the past. After years of heartbreak, meeting Lucy was what she called a miracle.

Two teenagers who were far from each other's reach, yet close enough to cross paths. If people can hate for no reason, then they too, can love without explanation.

Before you read,

This story contains heavy, and triggering subjects such as depression, abuse, addictions, and self harm. Please beware of these topics, and if you are not able to handle such topics, I suggest you don't continue to engage.

This is a rewrite of my other story, "I still love you, I promise." Again, this is based off experiences of mine. This version may connect to that story, except i've changed basically everything for this one.

Hope you enjoy! -A