⚖️/Chapter 4

Începe de la început

Wriothesley was taken aback by Neuvillette asking him such a trivial thing as if nothing just happened. While Wriothesley was really sad right now, he still wanted tea from Neuvillette, as he just could never resist tea time anytime in the day.
"Yes, please... I would love some tea right now, Mr. Neuvillette..."
Wriothesley said, trying to not think about Neuvillette's words. Wriothesley was still feeling so much emotions right now...

Neuvillette got up and made tea near Wriothesley's office. He handed him the tea, which was a strong black tea, just the way he liked it.

Wriothesley took the tea from Neuvillette, and he took a sip. Wriothesley loved the taste of the tea, especially since he asked for a strong one. Wriothesley then smiled at Neuvillette, as he began to feel slightly better now. Wriothesley was no longer sad and depressed, as he was thinking that Neuvillette's words were only because he didn't want to hurt him too much.
"Mmm... thank you, Neuvillette... I appreciate this tea..."

"You're welcome."
Neuvillette said with his usual and serious tone.
He took the coat that was on the chair and wore it. He grabbed his documents and organized then in his bag. Neuvillette walked to the exit of Wriothesley's office as if he was ready to leave, he didn't speak.

Wriothesley also noticed that Neuvillette's expression was once again serious, as Wriothesley could tell that Neuvillette didn't feel much about the events that had just taken place between them. Wriothesley then walked over to Neuvillette, as he placed an arm around him.
"Neuvillette... why don't you stay for the night... we can both drink some more tea together..."
Wriothesley's words sounded like a plea, as he just didn't want Neuvillette to leave just yet...

Neuvillette stopped and looked at him, his gaze still serious.
"I'll have to refuse that offer."
He said. Neuvillette wasn't really convinced about drinking tea since he prefered water.

Wriothesley was not happy to hear Neuvillette's answer, as he wanted a bit more of Neuvillette's company for the rest of the night. Wriothesley tried to come up with different things to try to get Neuvillette to stay, as Wriothesley really didn't want to be alone right now.
"Neuvillette, please stay for a bit more... you know... we can drink some tea together, we can talk about some things, and... we can even..."

"I'm not really into strong tea, I'm the type who prefers water, my apologies."
Neuvillette said, his voice still serious even if his intentions weren't bad.
"But well, maybe I can stay for a little longer because I still need to fill some documents and maybe we can chat."
He said.

Wriothesley was disappointed to hear that, as Wriothesley always enjoyed Neuvillette's tea. But when Neuvillette said that he wasn't even into tea that much, Wriothesley's face became a bit more upset. However, Wriothesley was happy to see that Neuvillette agreed to stay just a bit longer.
"Okay... if you're willing to just stay here for a bit longer... that would be great."
Wriothesley said, as he felt just a little happier.

Neuvillette put his bag on the floor and sat on the couch that was there in Wriothesley's office.

Wriothesley sat next to Neuvillette, as he also felt like he wanted to relax for a bit now that Neuvillette agreed to stay. Wriothesley then took another sip of tea, as he put the cup of tea on the table.
"I really think this is the perfect time to ask... what are the documents for, Mr. Neuvillette?"

"They're about my future trials, I need to judge some criminals..."
Neuvillette said, he kept himself serious while saying that, even if he didn't really like being reminded of his job since it was really difficult.

Wriothesley noticed that Neuvillette didn't seem to want to talk that much about his job, but he also realized Neuvillette probably didn't have the energy to do that anyways. Wriothesley wanted to cheer him up, especially since Neuvillette was still sitting in his office.
"That is a very important role, Neuvillette... you should be proud of yourself."
Wriothesley's voice sounded a bit more happy now, as he just wanted to see Neuvillette smile.

Outside started raining, even if the Fortress of Meropide was under the sea, little sounds of the rain could be heard. It clearly meant that Neuvillette was feeling sad, since he was the Hydro dragon.

Wriothesley could hear the little sounds of the rain outside, and he immediately knew that Neuvillette was feeling sad. Wriothesley didn't want this moment to continue to be filled with sadness, so he spoke up.
"What a beautiful rain we have outside here tonight, don't you agree too, Neuvillette?"
Wriothesley was trying his best to cheer Neuvillette up, as Wriothesley didn't want Neuvillette to feel sad anymore.

Neuvillette looked up at him with a surprised look.
"You don't feel bothered by the rain...?!"
He asked, almost like a whisper. Everyone always was bothered by the rain, and Neuvillette felt guilty, since he was the one that caused rain whenever he was sad. He wondered if Wriothesley knew that he was the Hydro Dragon.

Wriothesley noticed the surprised look on Neuvillette's face, and now with the sound of rain heard in the background, Wriothesley had a feeling that Neuvillette was the hydro dragon. Wriothesley then answered Neuvillette, smiling a bit now.
"Of course not, the rain always makes things more beautiful in my opinion. The rain also sounds so calm and peaceful too, don't you think Neuvillette?"

Wriothesley was glad to see that Neuvillette's mood is slightly improving.

Neuvillette felt better after hearing that, he was back to his usual serious self, the rain stopped as Neuvillette wasn't sad anymore.
"Yes..."

Wriothesley noticed the rain had stopped, which made him realize that Neuvillette was not sad anymore. Wriothesley was also happy that Neuvillette was not as serious anymore, as Wriothesley wanted this moment to still be peaceful and calm.
"The rain stopped, now we can finally enjoy the moment a bit better! I do love moments like these..."
Wriothesley said, sounding much happier now, with a cute smile on his face.
"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"
Neuvillette said, his voice and expression serious as always, unchanging...