4. A Ghost From The Past & Another Kill

Hallie and I split up to cover more ground. I moved through the crowd selling toilet paper. Many students make generous purchases.

As I pocket the change, I look up to see Gale, by herself. I make sure that the coast is clear before going to her.

"Hello, Gale."

"Katherine. Hi, how are you?"

"I'm okay. PEOPLE magazine won't stop calling but other than that..." I shrug.

"I'm sorry."

"It's whatever. . . . you are the definition of mixed emotions. I should really hate you. . . . but you did save my life. Your movie's getting pretty good reviews... besides a couple of murders."

"It seems to be causing a stir. What's with the toilet paper?"

"It's Hell Week. I'm pledging the Deltas."

"It's good to see you involved."

"My mom was a Delta."

Silence for a moment. People have started to notice both of them conversing. Reporters and onlookers have progressively encircled them. Gale glances around. She noticed someone behind Kat with a camera. Gale nods. He raises the camera and shines it towards the light.

Katherine turns around, astonished to see Randy Meeks.

"Randy? What are you doing here?" I ask in complete surprise. I haven't seen Randy since the morning after the Woodsboro Murders. He never answered any of my calls or his door when I knocked.

But then she notices another person standing on one side. She immediately recognizes him. He glances at her, gloomy and damaged. Katherine is out of breath.

"Cotton," I breathe out.

"Hello, Katherine."

Gale makes a motion to Randy. He moves around, bringing both of them into view. Katherine merely stares at him for a bit. Who was really caught by surprise. She glances at Randy, who is photographing her with a camera pointed squarely at her.

"What the hell are you doing?" I seeth at Randy.

I turn back to Gale, glaring at her as I begin to realize that I have been set up.

"You bitch!" I growled out.

I balled up my fist and launched it right at her botox-filled cheek. Then I turned around and stormed off through the crowd.

I stayed in my dorm for the rest of the day. Lights off, curtains closed, phone disconnected, and TV off. I did not come out until it was time to go to the Greek party.

THAT SAME NIGHT

A narrow roadway that leads to a dead-end. It is populated with large historic houses. The site is adorned with Greek symbols. This is Sorority Row.

A large living room is located in one of the residences. Divided into sensible sections. Very well done. Except for one female who is lying on the couch watching television, it is deserted. CiCI is her name. While on the phone, she channels surfs.

"No, he quit the whole God thing. He has issues. The previews for next week..." CiCi says just as the phone beeps indicating that another call was coming through.

"Hold up, someone's calling," she says, "Chi Omega House."

"Hello." A deep, alluring voice says.

"yes."

"Who is this?"

"CiCi. Who's this?"

"Someone who wants to talk to you."