As soon as he heard that there were toys to play with, Wei ran to Song Xiao's house happily.

Song Yao took out the unfinished vegetables and sweet potatoes and told her family about He Ren accepting 100 catties of chestnuts from her.

"What did you say? A hundred catties of chestnuts?" Gu Li was stunned. "I've never seen so many chestnuts in my life! This is really a big client."

If he sent the chestnuts over, he would be able to earn at least a hundred yuan!

This was a sum that most people in the village could not earn in a year!

Song Ping was also happy for his daughter. "In the past, these chestnuts were saved by squirrels for winter. Later on, when there was a famine, we couldn't find them even after digging out the squirrel cave! However, the big boss is indeed quite discerning. The chestnuts in our county are ranked in the country. Not only can they be made into sugar stir-fried chestnuts, but they can also be used to stew pork ribs and make snacks. If they were in the past, they would be tributes to the emperor!"

Song Yao knew this.

Their county was not a famous place. The only famous place was the chestnuts. The chestnuts had a sweet taste and nourished the spleen and stomach. They could be eaten as snacks and even be used to make soup. They were a rare treasure.

However, it was also because there were too many chestnuts that no matter how good the chestnuts were, they could not be sold for much money. Therefore, very few people planted chestnuts.

"Then I'll call them to bring you chestnuts later!" Song Ping said..

***********************************************

Chapter 47 – Harvesting The Chestnuts

Thank you readers!

After Song Ping finished speaking, he wanted to call Song Xiao to go to the countryside to collect the chestnuts, but he was stopped by Song Yao.

"Dad, if we want to receive at least 50 kilograms of chestnuts in three days, we won't be able to collect so many by going to the countryside alone. I want to put up a few more notices in a few towns in the county and ask them to send over all the good chestnuts at home. I want the small chestnuts too! As long as they can be sent over! This way, Xiao won't have to work so hard and make a trip."

Xiao, who was playing sandbags with Wei, heard this and replied at the top of his voice, "It's not hard!"

Wei followed suit. "Yao, can you bring me along when you collect the chestnuts? I want to go out with you guys too!"

Song Yao was caught between laughter and tears. "Wei, we're not going out to play!"

Wei quickly said, "I know! You still have to work, right? Bring me along. I'm a man, I'm strong!"

Song Ping couldn't help but laugh when he heard this. "You're a little brat who hasn't even grown up yet. You still say that you're a man. You'll probably cry again later, right? Why would you follow Sister Yao? Stay at home and watch your Little Yuxuan!"

Wei pouted. "I won't!"

Song Ping rolled up a cigarette. "You child!"

"All right."

Song Yao smiled. "If Wei wants to go, I can bring him along. But don't complain that you're tired!

If you can go with us, I'll buy you an ice pop!"

Hearing that there was an ice pop in the deal, Wei was so excited that he almost jumped up.

"Really? Sister Yao! I want to eat cream!"