𝟬𝟭𝟵. his lois lane

CHAPTER NINETEEN, his lois lane

CHAPTER NINETEEN,
his lois lane.

        RUNNING INTO HER EX-BOYFRIEND TODAY WASN'T APART OF THE PLAN. Sure, Solana has seen him plenty of times throughout the years. After all, the pairing attends the same institution. They often avoided each other's presence, figuring it would be best to limit all interactions. And it always worked. This time, however, it was under different circumstances. That's because she told her best friends she would communicate with him...which was a dumb thing to do. Yet, Solana always kept her word. Even if her decisions weren't the smartest.

        Many thoughts traveled throughout her mind at the mere sight of him. For example, was he even more egotistical now? His popularity has risen, joining the Hawkins High basketball team only did more damage than good. Solana attended a few of the games, merely in support of Steve. Now, she's certain she will be providing her support to a new playerher little cousin, Lucas Sinclair. When he expressed his wish to try out for the team at the start of the next school year, excitedly, Solana encouraged him. It's still a surprise to her that he's growing up fast and he'll be starting high school very soon. But that's a thought for a different day.

        At this very moment, she found herself in a tough spot. Ironically, the dance studio was right next to the park. Seeing as though it was her day off, she figured it would be best to spend her morning attending a dance class. Her future plans consist of rejoining the school dance team, despite the fact she'll be a senior in the Fall. Solana left the team during her sophomore year, finding it to be extremely difficult to balance her involvement within the dance team and the Honor Society. Sadly, the teenager had to pick one over the two, prioritizing her studies over her hobby. Because realistically, it was just a hobby and it wouldn't elevate her chances with college acceptances.

When Solana stepped out of the dance studio, she caught the attention of a few of the basketball team players. The boys visited the park almost every day, utilizing the basketball court. But when they saw Solana, all eyes turned to Andy. Especially Jason, who winked repeatedly at his friend, as a way to send him a hint. Their close group of friends was aware of Andy's sentiments towards the Coleman teenager, and how's been talking about her non-stop. Now was his chance. And he wasn't going to mess it up.

Everyone except Andy sent their greetings to Solana. She politely returned it, sending them all a grin that didn't reach her eyes. He stayed behind, patiently waiting for his friends to enter the park. Once they did, he gave Solana a faint smile. His reaction would've been more welcoming, if he wasn't so nervous. Andy's palms began to sweat, showing an indication of his uneasiness. Being popular meant that girls flocked to his side. He was an instant magnet for the ladies. So yeahby now he was a pro at holding conversations with all the beautiful women he'd come across, using his popularity as a boost. With Solana, it was different, for various reasons. Honestly, he was losing his mind at this point. He knew he had to at least say something, instead of standing there in silence like an idiot.