Chapter 24 ↣ awkward

Chris' pov
I scoff and walk back to my room, because why should I carry on arguing with someone when it doesn't get me anywhere. I slam my door and hear the front door shut too, thank god she's gone home.

Not to my surprise, Matt and Nick walk in.
"Chris what happened?!" Nick asks me.
"We had an argument? It's not that hard to see Nick"
"You were supposed to sort things out not make them worse! What about the dance?"
"What about it?"
"You were going to ask Gia? She's not even going now"
"Good, I don't want her there." That was the truth, I've had enough of her, she hurts me too much and I can't take it anymore.
"You do Chris." Matt says, I roll my eyes.
"Look, I don't know how many times I have to tell you, but Gia and I are done, there's no us anymore, it was dumb. So I don't care if she doesn't go."

Matt and Nick exchange a glance, so I shake my head, "you can leave now".
Nick huffs, "fine, but this 'falling out' again better not ruin the group at school, Chris, don't be moody all the time now, it's finished."
I stare at them, "it's just gonna be the same, how me and Gia were before." It wasn't, I know it won't be, it's actually going to be worse, actually awkward.
They leave my room, and I slam my face on my pillow.

I'm so drained. I can't be bothered with anyone anymore, Gia has ruined me, and I'm a fucking idiot, I can't believe I thought we'd work and that she'd changed. I'm such an idiot.

Gia's pov
I arrive back home and walk up to my room, my hair still dripping and my clothes stuck to my skin. I sit on my floor and stare at the carpet. I don't feel much, I just feel hatred towards Chris, I'm not sad, I'm just questioning every single interaction we've had in the past few weeks. How could I be so stupid? How could I ever think that Chris was different? How could I ever kiss the guy I hate the most? I'm a fucking idiot.

I'm friends with Nick and Matt again, but I think I'd rather things be how they were before, I want to be alone and isolated, it's too much.

I peel off my clothes and take a quick shower, before slumping into my bed and drifting off to sleep. I wake up in the morning with my hair smelling really gross, so I drench it in dry shampoo. I put on a pair of joggers and a small tee, putting my coat on afterwards. I lace up my shoes and grab my bag. I leave my house ready to walk to school, before I see a black minivan waiting outside my house. Janae went off with her friends, so I guess it's just me today.
As if my week couldn't get any worse.
I let out a sigh before walking to the van.

I open the door and smile at Nick, I sigh, "hey".
"Hey!"
I climb in and half smile at Matt, before he begins driving.
I can't help but notice the offness of Chris though, he looks different from what I can see. His hair is so messy and his face is pale, but I suppose I look about the same.
The music is quiet but it's not rap music that Chris likes to play, it seems to be Nick's music as the faint voice of Billie plays in the background.
My eyes are fixated on the dashboard, and I watch as Chris' hand reaches between the seats to grab a handful of sour patch kids. They are my favourite.

I hesitate, but I decide to ask Matt instead, "hey Matt can I have some of those please?" Even though Chris is clearly holding on to the box.
"Uh yeah, Chris pass them to Gia"
Chris looks at him, and Matt looks back for a second, like they're speaking with their eyes. Chris rolls his, before tossing them back at me without even looking, hitting my chest.
"God Chris!" I say in response, to which he just adjusts himself in his seat and puts his AirPod in. Still the same annoying childish Chris I see.

The car ride is long, and Chris is annoying me, sitting there listening to his music. I don't know what it is, but he's so annoying whenever he does anything. So I decide to kick his chair slightly, in the hopes that it will rile him up. He did throw a box of candy at me after all.
He breathes in sharply, a tiny tiny smirk forming on my lips. I kick it again.
This time he practically rips out his AirPod and whips his head around to me.
"Stop kicking my fucking chair, dumbass" he says, he's not joking around this time. He's dead serious.
"Shut up Chris, you threw a box at me, get a life and grow up"
"How about you stop being so fucking concentrated on me and focus on being a nicer person, idiot." And he turns around, huffing.