A rustle came from a nearby bush. One would have thought another demon was knocking on a portal door the way Mug almost jumped out of his porcelain skin. And it very well could have been Tanuki coming back to finish the job while they were weak. Instead something small jumped out of the brush and landed close to his feet. It made a small trilling sound as big emerald green eyes stared at him. There stood his golden cat friend, Kiki. Her tail slowly teetered to the side. What was she doing here? How did she get here? And then came along another familiar face.

"Mugman, there you are! We've been looking all over for you." Spoonfred beamed as he revealed himself.

"Kiki? Spoonfred? What are you two doing here?" Mug immediately asked.

"Oh, you know: I followed a cat onto a boat that seemed to be following you, found my father along the way, and saw your demon trapped by an insane chef. Looks like you got him out safe based on the trail." The young spoon explained in a casual manner. As if his big adventure had been no big deal.

"Yeah, he's back inside me and – wait, did you say trail?" Mugman's heart sank. They had not covered their tracks. Tsundere had been melting that sludge all the while they were running away.

"Yeah. Kiki and I found some of that black goop that was coming off him and followed it here." Spoonfred explained.

"But if you found and followed it, then that means.... Chef Saltbaker won't be far behind." Both the young mug and the demon said that last part together.

"Then we've got to move you to a new hiding place – and fast!" The utensil announced.

"I'm afraid you're too late for that, children." Came Saltbaker's voice as he made his presence known. He emerged from the same direction that Spoonfred did. For the salt shaker was still holding that glittering butcher's knife. The young spoon jumped back in alarm and the cat began to raise the fur on her back.

"I will be putting both you and demon in the jar this time." He advanced forward with a crazed look in his eyes.

"Run away, Mugman! We'll hold him off." Spoonfred stepped between the mug child and the chef. Mug took a few seconds to stand up. His movements were shaky and slow. The blue mug made his best attempt to run away, but his legs collapsed under him, sending the child back to the ground.

We have to run and get away from him! Mug urged Tsundere.

I don't have the strength to run right now, Mugman. The parasite told him.

So what, you're just going to let him catch us now? He spat back, getting scared and frantic. Mugman was more scared for his demon than he was for himself. For he knew the chef wanted the demon for his attempts to understand the astral plane. And he wouldn't care if he killed the parasite in the process. Tsundere would definitely not survive another separation if that happened.

It's not like I want him to catch us! The demon argued.

Spoonfred attempted to confront the salt shaker. His sterling silver body shivered in fear as he realized what he had just volunteered for.

"Y-you'll have to go through me first! P-put 'em up!" The utensil stuttered as his little fists came up. Spoonfred was expecting to block than to throw a punch at this moment. Saltbaker, on the other hand, laughed as if he were amused by the young spoon.

"Sorry about this kid. It's nothing personal." The adult said and proceeded to push the boy out of the way. Not in a hurting way though. Just enough to knock the child to the ground. Mugman felt the chef grab his leg and started to drag him back. The young mug did his best to lash out at his attacker. He was able to land a kick to the salt shaker's face. Even though it was weak, it still managed to make a crack on Saltbaker's nose. The chef removed his hand from the mug child's leg and rubbed his glass nose for a second.