"pretty corny for this, bro," she shows her screen to him and he pulls a shocked yet amused face. "why?"

"that meme is from like- 2019." she states and he rolls his eyes playfully. "guess i'm an old soul when it comes to things i find humorous on the internet."

there were people setting up around them, since this podcast was also filmed as well as it was recorded for streaming services. they were about to call for action when dominic, like a schoolboy on a field trip, asks something that interrupts it.

"can i do it?"

suminar tries not to smile, just nodding simply. "ofcourse! go 'head. chance?" she turns to one of her crew members who was holding the clapperboard and quickly gives it to dominic.

he slams it down after saying, "marking." and she even feels more relaxed and ready to talk once she knew the podcast was going. the crew member came through to snatch back the board so he wouldn't have to awkwardly hold it all the time.

"hey."

"hi."

"welcome to bring a band t-shirt, i'm suminar choul and i'm wearing weezer today. who are you and what are you wearing?"

"uh, what's up? my name's dominic fike. and i am also wearing... weezer."

"can i get my flow back?" she mutters under her breath and he squints.

"was that a 2016 xxl cypher reference?"

"well yes. it's also a question that needs answering," she purses her lips. "clarification for all the people who are streaming this, i'm wearing pinkerton merch. a better album than whatever the fuck he's got on—"

"and i'm wearing the blue album. the one that solidified them as artists," he says over her to make his point stick.

she ignores him and moves on but not without one last dig. "and pinkerton let us know they were here to stay. but anyways! you excited to be here?"

"yeah. not my first rodeo, though."

suminar pauses, "i think you're confused. this is a podcast."

"no that's not what i meant. like this- this is- it isn't my first podcast," he explains and she nods her head.

"so you're a whore?"

the crew behind the camera give some snickers and even he gives a little stifled laugh.

"God, you wouldn't believe," he rasps out and sips on the coffee in his cup. suminar tries not to feel a certain way with how he says it, so instead she pulls an odd face, which he chuckles at.

"so... it's july 23rd. in two days, you're performing at the amphitheater in atlanta. hometown of mine. are you fond of amphitheaters?"

the way she says this makes his ears prick up. "you have multiple hometowns?" he asks and she can even hear someone laugh in the back.

"huh?"

"the way you worded that... just then. hometown of mine like... like your birth certificate has like- three fuckin' locations on it or somethin'."