Chapter 4: I'm a single dad who is addicted to cool math games

Start from the beginning

"Did you think i did good in class?" Chelsea smiles.

I smile and nod, which makes me stumble.

Henry sticks his hand out and grabs my hand, making sure i don't fall.

"Are you okay?" He questions.

"Y-yeah i just need to sit," I turn around and sit down on the bench.

"Is there something wrong?" He frowns.

"No," My voice croaks, "Lilly, can you get me a juice box?" I look at her as she's warming up at the ballet bar.

She nods before quickly going to the fridge and getting me a juice box.

I slowly begin drinking it hoping it can balance out my blood sugar levels again.

Lilly is really helpful when it comes to this type of thing. She does as i say when i need her without question and i'm so grateful for that.

My eyes slowly drift back to Henry and Chelsea.

Chelsea stares at my dance team as they warm up in their pointe shoes, Henry stares at me with worry.

"I'm okay." I tell him.

"Are you sick? Do you have a cold?" His voice is so soft and tender, like it always is. I'm not sure there's a mean bone in his body.

"I'm okay," I try again to assure him.

He nods hesitantly before looking at Chelsea, "You ready to go?"

She nods before quickly giving me a hug, "Bye Miss Nellie!" She sings.

"Bye sweetie," I smile, "Bye Henry, i'll see you tomorrow."

He nods as his cheeks turn pink before they walk away.

I could burst into tears at any moment. That was so humiliating, i'm so embarrassed.

The juice kicks into my system and i begin to feel better, gaining my energy back.

I slowly get up and begin warming up, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Everyone around me always wonders what's wrong with me, they all think i'm some weird girl.

But i just try my best to be nice, and hide my secret.

~~

I get up for school and take my insulin needles, injecting them into my stomach like i do 3 times a day.

I choose my outfit next and make sure i look okay.