The Avatar returns

Começar do início

Katara sighed in defeat as Aang smiled at her. "Don't worry, Katara. I understand."

Meanwhile, Zuko was thinking about his Dad when he heard Sokka use the word banished. He would return home to gain his honor and his love from his father back.

Katara clenched her fists, irritated by Sokka. "Sokka, you're making a mistake."

"No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad." he said stubbornly. "I'm protecting you, from threats like him!" He pointed at Aang.

"Aang, is not our enemy!" she said angrily, but then continued in a calmer and soothing voice. "Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't in a long time: fun."

"Fun?!" Sokka repeated annoyed. "We can't fight firebenders with fun!"

"I don't think so." Toph commented. "Kicking firebenders in the butt? Sounds pretty fun to me." Ignoring the glare Zuko send her way.

Aang smiled at her. "We should try it as soon as we get out of here."

She smirked. "Of course."

Sokka glared at the two but didn't say anything as he was thinking about what Toph said.

"You should try it sometime." Aang replied optimistically and with a small smile.

"Get out of our village! Now!" Sokka demanded.

"Grandmother, please." Katara pleaded. "Don't let Sokka do this!"

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden." Kanna said gravely. "Sokka is right. I think it's best if the airbender leaves."

"Fine! Then I'm banished, too!" Katara said, outraged, as she dragged Aang away. "Come on, Aang, let's go."

"What?!" Sokka said, shocked and hurt at the same time.

"You know him a few hours and chose him over your Tribe?" Toph asked her in disbelief. "No offense." she added when she looked at Aang.

"None taken." he replied.

Iroh was surprised, too. "Banishment shouldn't be taken so lightly. If your family accepted this, which I doubt they would do, they seem lovely. You could never return home and never see your family again."

Katara looked down. "Never see them again?" She looked at Sokka with wide, sad eyes. "I couldn't do that."

"I wouldn't let you go." Sokka replied. His heart twisted at the thought if she went and never returned, he would worry about her every second. If she was hurt or worse... he couldn't forgive himself when he wouldn't be there to protect her.

"And I wouldn't want to get between you and your family. I would never forgive myself." Aang told her. "Family is something precious." He thought of the airbenders, and he felt sadness and guilty because he wasn't there to protect them.

Zuko furrowed his brows when he thought of his mother. She was precious to him, and he missed her dearly. He wished he knew what happened to her that night. His father would show him love when he gave him the Avatar and Azula... he'd rather not think of her. He glanced at his uncle and was glad that he wasn't alone.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sokka demanded.

"To find a waterbender." Katara said angrily. "Aang is taking me to the North Pole."

"I am?" he asked confused, then his face brightened. "Great!"

"Katara! Would you really choose him over your tribe?" The entire Watertribe was shown. "Your own family?" asked Sokka, there was sadness in his voice.