The Avatar returns

Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar: The last airbender. I got the transcript from avatar.fandom.com and changed it a bit.

Previously: Six people from different Nations were gathered to watch their future.

A/N: I know I said I will continue this after PTS is over, but I couldn't help myself. 😅 Anyway, have fun reading.

|~|

While the countdown was counting down, the others talked to each other or were eating and drinking from the table.

Aang sighed. "I just hope it didn't get your tribe in too much danger. That's all my fault."

Sokka looked down at him. "Well, Katara did tell you to not go on that ship. Listen to her next time." Then he sighed. "I won't be happy about that at all."

"Understandable."

The Countdown was almost down to zero. "We're gonna see what happens." Toph spoke up, and they turned to the screen when it reached zero and the screen lit up again.

The episode opened to the yellowish sky as the flare, Aang accidentally launched into the air, soared through the air in the distance. It panned downward to show Aang and Katara appearing over the horizon. The Southern Watertribe villagers have gathered at the entrance of the village, waiting for the duo's return.

Aang and Katara approached the villagers. The children became overjoyed upon seeing Aang. "Yay! Aang's back!" The village kids joyfully exclaimed.

Some of them ran over to him, while the others remained cheerful in the crowd. It panned from the children to the adults, revealing more stern and offended expressions. The children reached Aang and Katara crowding around him gleefully, and Aang responded kindly. Sokka broke from the line of villagers and stepped forward toward Aang.

Aang gulped guiltily when he saw the expressions of the villagers. He felt bad because of him, the village was in danger now.

"It was an accident, Aang." Katara told him.

Aang sighed. "But you warned me not to go in there, and I didn't listen."

"I knew it!" he said angrily as he pointed his finger accusingly at Aang as he and Katara drew closer. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

"Aang, didn't do anything!" Katara protested. "It was an accident."

"Yeah." Aang said sheepishly, as Katara glared at Sokka. "We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well-" He awkwardly rubbed his head. "We booby-ed right into it."

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship!" Kanna told her worriedly. "Now we could all be in danger!"

Katara frowned worriedly. She hoped nothing would happen to her Gran-gran and the others in the village.

"Don't blame Katara." Aang said sorrowfully. "I brought her there. It's my fault."

"Aha!" Sokka exclaimed angrily and triumphantly. "The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy." The children began to sadly walk away from Aang. "The foreigner is banished from our village."

"Banished?!" Katara exclaimed with a shock look. "Sokka, you can't be serious."

"He put the village in danger. Accident or not. I'm just looking out for you and the village. Dad told me to protect you. And that's what I am going to do. And I don't even know that Aang is the Avatar yet."

Katara went to protest, but Toph interrupted her. "I'm with your brother on this one. The men of your tribe are not there to protect your village, and Sokka doesn't want to risk any more danger than they already are."