OC - Iris

Name: Iris

Name: Iris

Pronouns: she/her

Sexuality: lesbian

Species: ice genie

Abilities: magic from the Blue Moon Sapphire, floating, hand to hand combat, resistance to cold

Personality: snarky, a bit sassy, loyal, flirty to the girl she likes, confident, likes being the center of attention, energetic, may be always suspicious or untrusting towards others

Backstory:

Iris was said to be the guardian of the Blue Moon Sapphire until its destined user could find and harness its power.

Iris knows how to use the sapphire's magic and would be the one to teach Blu how to use it.

But before that, Iris lived in the hidden cave in the Ice District where the sapphire was kept.

If the destined user finally found the sapphire, then Iris would have to be completely loyal to them.

But she would constantly get nightmares of the possibility that the user would use the magic for bad reasons and manipulate or treat Iris like a mere servant or slave.

But these were proven wrong when Iris met Blu. Iris first challenged Blu but after being defeated, Iris hesitantly started to teach Blu how to use the sapphire's magic.

Iris was able to explore what was beyond the Ice District and became one of Blu's advisors. Blu treated her with respect, like a friend.

It was also through Blu that Iris met her crush, Valoria. In the end, Iris was happy to be working for Blu.

Iris sometimes chooses to stay in Blu City to continue teaching Blu and hang out with Valoria. But when she's just chilling, Iris stays in the Ice District in Queen Snowstorm's palace (hehe see what i did there).

Random Facts:

She was based off the captain of my team in school.

Iris wants a pet griffon but then the griffon might not be happy in the Ice District.

Blue Moon Sapphire Staff concept:

Staff was based off a prop (that broke before we could use it in the real thing) that our team used

The staff's end can be used like a sickle when fighting.

As long as the sapphire is activated and is nearby, its magic can be used even without holding the staff.

The magic allows levitation, illusion making, object manipulation, and projectile blasts.