Half a loaf is better than none

I always had one beautiful dream and I always hope for the dream to come true, I am still a young boy from college . I belong to middle class family.
All days through out my college life, I never knew I will become so popular, just for playing sports. I was so happy to be seen and known by everybody through out my college life.
    After school I will go home dirty, get scolded, do the house chores, wash my uniform, and go to sleep still praying for my wonderful dream to come true.
    I woke up the next morning, just to see there was no food on the dinning table, then I figured out my Mom was still sleeping she was tired from over working herself yesterday, so I just took some bread and made tea, I ate breakfast and went to school on my way to school I saw my friends and we all went to school together. I have always been the top in class, my parents are so proud of me, I work hard to pursue my dreams.
   Some years later, I was already  in the last year of university  planning my graduation, after some months I graduated and went for service, I finished. So, I started applying for Jobs. But I didn't get one.
    One day, I asked my friend to please help me find a job, he was happy to help me, then I got a job as a staff in a company. Even though it wasn't my dream job, I needed it at hand. I was so hardworking and contented. My colleagues liked me and also my  manager, he was so nice and kind to me.
      After saving lots of money, I planned on resigning, I wanted to pursue my dreams, the next day, I met with the manager I told him everything he was not happy but he supported me though,.
       I called my friend and he introduced me to a man who has worked for many business men and he was their friend also. He gave me the man's number, I called him he told me too come to America if I could for us to do business over there, I agreed because the money I saved was more than enough to use to travel to America.
        I traveled safely, I got an apartment to stay in for some months, I met with the man he told  me the business is about creating machines for engineers and other people and I agreed because I know I will be earning a lot of money so we split the money I dropped half of the money and  he also dropped half, I was so happy.
         I called him the next morning he didn't pick my calls, I kept calling him through out that day he didn't pick, for days I have been calling him. So, I went to his house just to know he was not around, his gateman told me he will be gone for 2 years, I was so pained I didn't know what to do I cried so much, but I figured out if I cry it wouldn't change anything, so I went home sat down and started thinking of what to do.
         I went to the police but I was not attended too, I was so frustrated and angry but I couldn't do anything, the last thing. I could do is just go home and relax. I said to my self if only I have stayed at my former work place.

    Half a loaf is better than none