When the time was right, you turned your wheel to the right so very precise which, as you had learned the hard way, was most important, and you felt yourself sliding right into the turn. You loved the sound of your tires drifting along the dirt with such fervent force and power. You loved the pull of gravity, pulling you to the side as the bodies of both you and your car leaned into the turn with ease. Most importantly, you loved how you always felt one with the land every time you tackled the sharp turn.

The third reason that had captured your heart was just that. The way every single road and path there was to be driven in the world flowed with the land in which they rested. It always felt natural. Every curve, each and every bend. The road was one with the land, which, by default, meant the driver was too. Perfectly matching the flow of the land so that not a single inch felt jarring or out of place, mixed with the road's personal feel, was a pure racing miracle in your eyes. It was a surreal and magical feeling that only racing could evoke.

3: How every track just flows with the land and always sucks you right into the beauty behind that intent.

Coming out of the turn successfully, you sped over the starting line and continued onward. "Nice going, kid. Keep it up!" Doc's staticky voice came in through the radio. You smiled at his encouragement.

For twelve more laps, you danced along with the track in synchronous ease. A match made in heaven. And, as you approached the finish line on that last twelfth lap, Doc pressed the button of the stopwatch the very moment your front bumper crossed over the line. After all, milliseconds after you would be well past anyway. The timing needed to be precise.

You went around the track one more time since you had needed to cross the line at full speed. When you finished coming back around, you finally slowed to a stop and turned off your car. Eagerly flicking yourself out of the driver side window, you cupped a hand to the side of your mouth and called over to Doc. "Hey! How'd I do?"

"You were close, kid!" He yelled back. "But you weren't fast enough!"

You huffed as your crossed your arms tightly across your chest in defeat. "But I went as fast as I could!" You pouted. "And I thought I did pretty well, too."

Doc chuckled as he started to make his way down from the bank overlooking the track. "I didn't say you did a bad job, kid. You just didn't meet my expectations yet."

By expectations, Doc was referring to the record time he had been trying to get you to best every since you first started to drive. It had been his best run-through of the track many years ago. But the man had been an actual racer, so of course it had come easy to him. Yet still, he used that as your goal. To beat his time would mean that you had become just a strong and smart a racer as he.

"Is it even possible to beat that time?" You asked him crossly.

He laughed. "C'mon, you know I'm the one who made this time!" He towered over you, but bent over a little to be more eye level with you. "You and I both know you can beat it! There's still plenty more room and time for improvement."

"Improvement where?" You asked him quizzically.

"Well, for starters..." He turned you around, placing a hand on your shoulder as he leaned closer to your head from behind. With his other arm, he began to point out around the track so that it would be easier to see exactly where he was talking about. "Your lines were a little sloppy, kid. You wanna drive it in deep on your turns. Keep as far outside of the straightaways as you can so you can make the tightest turn possible at each curve."

"What about the first bend?" You asked, pointing in the opposite direction towards the steep bend that creeped up the rocky wall. "What I've been doing, does it work? Save time?"