"You could just look it up online, no big deal." María pulled out her phone and began typing.

She walked closer to me and showed me a list. It was short, but it had long words.

"So what first?" I looked up from her phone when all of a sudden her fist was sailing toward my face.

I moved to the left and grabbed her hand, looking at her as if she were crazy. "What the hell?!"

"First test done." She pulled her hand away and glared at me. "But I totally meant that."

"How was that even a test??" I stood up, grabbing her hand and looking at the list.

SPIDERMANS ABILITIES

-Super-human reflexes

"Oh. Never mind, I guess." I let go of her phone and sighed. "But that could've been a coincidence."

María rolled her eyes. "Seriously? Okay, fine, we'll test another one." She took another quick glance at the list and smiled. "This one seems fun."

I tilted my head slightly to the side, confused on which one she chose.

"Okay, I want you to climb on that wall." She pointed to the top of the stairwell, which was just a plain and empty wall.

"I don't think I can do that on command-"

"Just fucking do it!" She yelled. I got up and ran to the top of the stairs, colliding with the wall.

I couldn't stick, no matter how hard I tried. I was about to turn around and go back downstairs until I heard the door open.

I ducked down, that small tingly feeling in my head making me do so.

"MJ, what are you doing here?" It was Katrina.

"Oh, I was just skipping class. What about you?" I heard both of them shuffle downstairs. I felt the urge to get up and leave.

"I just forgot my lipgloss." She laughed before inhaling. "Can you believe it? That Miles was stupid enough to get back with me?"

I peeked over the corner, getting a glimpse at the pig-tailed girl. I saw María nod her head. "I know, right? How'd you do it?"

Katrina laughed again, sitting down on the steps. "Told him shit about that Y/N girl. He was gullible enough to believe it."

"Oh, really? What'd you say. Tell me evvveerrything." María sat down next to Katrina, smirking at her.

"I told him I found her and Jackson making out. It was funny, his reaction." She laughed and got up. "But anyway, I'm going to leave. I'll see you later~"

María stood up, too, waving goodbye to her best friend. Once I knew for sure that she was gone, I came out of hiding.

"Wow." I said. María turned to me and shrugged. "You just said that shit with me here?"

"What else was I to do, Y/N? Say something like, "Oh my God, don't look now, but Y/N is right there!! At the top of the stairs!!" Like??" María scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Okay." I slowly walked down the stairs, keeping my eye contact with her. "So what now? I didn't stick to that wall."

"You might work better under pressure. But for now, I don't know what else to do." She turned around and walked to the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" I walked after her.

"I'm going to class." María bluntly stated and walked out- leaving me alone in the stairwell.