So I slowly walked to my next class, not wanting to go at all. I maybe considered skipping, but I didn't want to risk getting caught.

That is until I saw the person I decided on.

"Hey! Wait!" I yelled out. I caught up to the person and stood there. "María, I need your help."

She looked me up and down before crossing her arms. "What is it?"

"Uhm... okay, it's really private. Do you mind skipping the next period with me?" I shifted from each foot a little nervously.

"If you need like a pad or tampon, then I'll give it to you now. You don't need to skip for that." She scoffed out. She moved her bag to the front and began to dig through it.

"No, it's not that. Just.. it's really hard to explain. Please." I looked at her with pleading eyes... oh my God I can't believe I'm begging her.

"Uugghhhh, fine." She groaned.

"Thank you!"

-

María and I walked side-by-side in silence as I took her to the spot Miles showed me that one day.

Lucky enough, Miles nor Katrina were in there, so it was just me and her.

"Uhm, this place is gross. Y/N... why??" She eyed the tiny stairwell down, looking at all the dust and cobwebs. Though, the stairs were a little cleaner than the rest.

"God.. okay, take a seat so I can try and explain this the best way." I bit my lip as I watched her hesitantly step onto the stairs and sit down. She had a small look of disgust on her face.

"Spit it out, now." Was all she said. Part of me wanted to apologize, but I still don't like her.

I took a deep breath and began to speak, "I know that.. we've had our differences. But I'm telling you this because I feel like you might know what to do... MJ."

"Don't call me MJ. I don't trust you enough for that." She cut in. I nodded and sat down next to her.

"Okay, so, you know that superhero Spiderman?" I popped my fingers as I watched her face, making sure she didn't laugh at me or anything.

"What about him?"

"You're gonna think I'm weird." I whined. I took another deep breath. "I think... I might be like... the next Spiderman?"

"..."

María stifled a few laughs before clearing her throat. "Oh, really? You sure you didn't imagine it in a dream or something?"

"No, no, no, it swear it's true!" I felt a little silly at that point because I could 100 percent sound like I'm making it up.

"Y/N, just tell me if you're fucking with me." She rolled her eyes. I thought of a quick way to prove it, but I didn't know how.

But then again, there were millions of other reasons why I had a tingly feeling in my head, or why I stuck to the stall wall, or why I grew just a little taller.

"I... I don't know anymore.." I mumbled. I groaned and leaned back on the staircase.

María then sighed. "Okay, well, if you really think you're the 'next Spiderman,' then we can find a way to prove it." She crossed her arms and looked back at me.

"Really? Thank you." I sat back up, a smile now apparent on my face.

All she did was roll her eyes. She then stood up. "Might as well do it now."

"Oh- uh, is there like a list or anything? I haven't done any research like that." I bit my lip as I thought she would get angry at me for not doing research.