❀ Chapter Eleven - An Early Morning ❀

Start bij het begin

'But... He's the only one using the quirk, it's not for all, it's for one. One For One. I guess when he transfers it that's more than one person. But then it's also not for all... it's for two. But One For Two doesn't sound good. Whatever, it's not even that big a deal. I'm really tired, can we please go home now?'

"One... For... All..." Izuku murmured beside you.

"Yes. One person improves the power, then hands it off to another person. It continues to grow as it's passed along to different people. It is this cultivated power that allows me to save those who are in need of a hero! The truth behind my strength!" All Might said.

"But why would you choose to give me a gift like that? What if I can't live up to it?" Izuku questioned.

"I was on a long hunt for a worthy successor. And then, I watched you jump into action as the rest of us stood idly by." All Might responded.

'Um... Hello? Apparently I wasn't there. Just an illusion. Can I have at least a grain of appreciation as well? Please..?'

"You may just be a quirkless fanboy," All Might said.

'A little harsh, again. But this is important so I won't interfere.'

"But you tried to save that kid! You acted like a hero!"

'I feel like I'm not supposed to be here right now...'

Izuku whimpered and his eyes started to tear up again. The two of you were still sitting on the ground together. You started to rub circles on his back to calm him down.

"Seriously! You gotta stop crying so much if you want my quirk!" All Might said.

'Now he's just being rude. Why does Izuku look up to this guy?'

Izuku shook his head and wiped his eyes. He looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing or hearing or... anything about this situation. Izuku finally stood up, and so did you. You brushed the dirt off your clothes and stretched a little.

"Okay, I'll do it. Yes!" Izuku said confidently.

"No reluctance, that's exactly how I figured you'd respond." All Might said.

'I figured he'd respond by passing out, not gonna lie.'

˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖

You, All Might, and Izuku had planned to start a training routine for Izuku because apparently inheriting All Might's quirk wasn't enough.

'Why are we here? All Might's quirk will give Izuku all the power he needs, he doesn't need physical strength!'

So here you were, sitting on top of a fridge with buff All Might, with Izuku trying to pull the fridge using a rope that was tied around his body.

"Hey, hey, hey!" All Might shouted to Izuku, you'd have to get used to his booming voice, it made your ears hurt, "It's pretty comfy up on this fridge, how are you doing down there?"

'It's not comfy up here. My butt is cold. Why did I decide to wake up early every morning to come to this beach at the crack of dawn just to sit on a fridge and do absolutely nothing? I would be better off helping Izuku clean this place, at least I'd be doing something!'

You sighed and got into a more comfortable position, continuing to watch Izuku struggle. Izuku fell onto his face and the ropes that were around his body got undone. 

"People move these every day, you know." All Might said. "Most of them don't even have any super strength!"

'You're not very good at encouraging people.'