𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

Start from the beginning

Mike's eyes settled on the purplish bruise on his daughter's face, his expression full of sadness. "Maybe you should go back to school sooner than later. I think getting off this island may be good for you."

Charlotte didn't want to hear that. She couldn't hear that. Because it was the truth, she just didn't want to admit that to herself.

As if her perfect escape had been planned, there was a slight creak on the stairs, pulling the trios attention toward where Sarah stood.

"Sorry," She apologized, giving Mike and Anna a sheepish look. "I didn't want to interrupt."

Taking this as her chance to avoid any further conversation with her parents, Charlotte perked up. "What's up, Sare?"

Sarah shook her head, "I can wait until you guys are done."

"That would be gre─"

"─We're done." Charlotte interrupted her mother, giving Sarah a tight smile, "What's up?"

She had already removed herself from the barstool and had made her way toward Sarah, leaving her parents speechless.

Sarah cast a glance toward the Carrera parents, but when they remained in stunned silence, she turned to face Charlotte, "I was wondering if you could give me a ride over to Topper's? I need to talk to him."

Thankful for any excuse to leave, Charlotte nodded immediately. "Of course," She answered, "Just let me get my keys."

"This conversation isn't over, Charlotte!" Anna called as Charlotte made her way toward the front door. "You can't avoid talking about this forever!"

Charlotte ignored her mother, something she never would have done a year ago, as she ushered Sarah from the house.

"Are you sure you're okay to take me? I can ask Kie." Sarah wondered as they loaded into Charlotte's car.

"Positive." Charlotte answered, reaching over to do up her seatbelt. "I would have gouged my eyes out if I had to listen to them lecture me any longer."

Sarah's attention had snagged on Charlotte's black eye, much like everyone else's did. "Have you talked to JJ since last night?" She suddenly wondered, catching Charlotte off guard.

Charlotte flicked on her blinker, steering them toward Topper's street. "No." She answered, pushing down the lump in her throat. "Not really sure what to say to him."

Nodding slowly, Sarah looked like she was biting back a response.

"Have you talked to John B?" Charlotte inquired, trying to turn the tables. It was a nasty thing to do, but she wanted to conversation to be off of herself.

Sarah visibly tensed, "No." She responded. "He won't talk to me. That's why I need to talk to Topper to sort this mess out."

"You think Topper's gonna press charged?" Charlotte wondered.

"Even if he doesn't want to, his mother will make him." Sarah mumbled, "The fact that John B did that in front of the whole Figure Eight won't bode well."

Charlotte nodded, her heart feeling heavy as she recalled the night before.

"Do you mind if we make a stop after?" She questioned, the sudden urge to see Rafe unbearable.