With the skill, reflexes and agility of his breeding, the pink haired man vanished. Leaping up, twice his height above the ground, he sprang off of one building. This boosted him further from the ground. His feet hit the other building. One more jump and he would be safe. Just as his hand caught the top of the fence, something pulled at his feet.

Kicking hard, he shook the weight off of his ankle. Scrambling, feeling the wooden splinter under his hand, he hissed out a cry. That was going to be something... he thought. One final burst of energy before he rolled over the top of the fence. His body slide down it.

With only partial awareness, he did manage to mostly land on his feet. He clutched his injured hand. The splinter was buried deep. He wanted nothing more than to give into the fear and anxiety rushing through him, but he couldn't. Not yet. He wasn't safe.

Instead he pushed off of the fence. Running again, he came out of the alley. He froze. What sat before him was like a miracle oasis. The smells were mouthwatering! Stumbling, the pink haired man glanced down. He had lost a shoe. Kicking the other free, he hustled across the span of asphalt.

A large shadow filled the doorway before him. He sensed no malice coming from the man. Before the person could close the door, a gust of wind blew it back. The pink haired man darted inside. Breathing heavily he spun to look at the shadow.

It was a man. A large man with a green tee-shirt that strained to hold in his muscles. His red eyes flashed, but not nearly as evilly as the blue haired man after him. The man glared at him, his green hair pulled back in a bun atop his head. The pink haired man wanted to laugh. This guy looked dangerous, but he didn't feel the least bit scary to him.

"Whatcha think you're doing?" the man yelled. He hadn't shut the door.

"Please, they're coming.." his slim audience cried.

"I don't care if it is the second coming of Christ. Get out!" the man pointed through the still open doorway.

"No, please. I need your help!" the pink haired man begged.

"Why would I help a Kitsune?" the man growled.

This jerked the pink haired man around. How? How did this human know? The Kitsune sniffed the air. He had been so focused on the smell of the food, the hope of freedom that he had missed the obvious! This man wasn't a man. He was...

"I beg your protection mighty Fu dog!" He cried.

"But there is Yokai and his servant after me." He dropped to the ground, wincing as his hand hit the floor. It drove the splinter deeper into his palm.

"There's a..." the man paused. The Kitsune didn't lift his head up. A shuffling of feet sounded close to the door.

"Oh, hell naw!" The man cried.

His voice ended in a mighty roar. The very ground shook from it. The Kitsune lifted his head now. The man was gone. The Kitsune was alone inside the building, but outside, that was where the storm began.

The Fu dog was indeed mighty. He stood taller than the doorway. He must have dashed out before turning to his natural form. His head was tossed back, the mighty gold reflecting the light as his body shimmered like a midday sun. The Kitsune was in awe. How had he picked this one person to be his savior? Maybe his luck hadn't been all bad this night.

The Yokai ran into the parking lot. Where once were two man, now demons stood. The blue haired man rose up to one and a half times his human height. His muscles were not nearly as solid as the thing facing him down. The hair coated his body in dark blue wisps. A mane of it circled his chin. He must be of fine pedigree to have that sort of look!

Yet he was nothing compared to the guardian of this establishment. A beefy blue arm swung out to strike the dog as he yelled. The Kitsune had to cover his ears. The roar of the Fu dog was hurting his head. It drowned out whatever the Yokai had called the beast between them.

Lightening flashed, a flaming bird came at the Fu dogs head. It wasn't a Phoenix, no this poor thing was far more abused than that. A furaribi was a tortured soul that wondered that the land after going through immense amount of unnatural suffering. The Kitsune felt for this soul. It was apparent he was bound to the Nuraihyon.

The Kitsune's eyes widened as he watched the talons of the bird fly toward the eyes of the Fu dog. Was he wrong? Was this Fu dog defective somehow? Didn't they usually guard a place in pairs? It had been a long time since the fox spirit had been in the presence of a guardian. He wasn't sure but he thought they were always a male and a female. He frowned. Maybe he should...

A streak of lightening cut through the sky. That was no ordinary storm that was brewing outside. This Fu dog had a little more power than he let on!

The Kitsune found himself inching closer to the door. That bolt! The lightening struck the bird. It collapsed at the lion dog's feet. A thunderous roar filled the night. The blue haired demon shook his head. It was obvious that the Fu Dog's magic was effecting the Nuraihyon. The Kitsune smirked, the fingers on his uninjured hand curled around the handle of the door. He blinked.

Tearing his gaze from the fight before him, he looked at the glass door. When had the guardian closed it? How was it locked with him inside? Had the guardian accepted him? Would he protect the Kitsune? All this questions raced through the foxes head in a mer second. For that was all the time he had before another bolt of lightening lit up the outside world.

This time it struck the blue demon directly. It shook its head, tossing his mane back he roared out his frustrations. The Fu dog kicked the man at his feet, for the bird had returned to its human form. The kick was strong as the body lifted into the air. Bouncing off of the pavement it rolled toward the blue demon. A roar sounded once more. This one rattled the glass. The Kitsune flinched back. He needn't worry, this was the guardians building. It would die before it allowed anything to happen to it.

The blue demon caught the man. He glared toward the glass. A roar sounded. The demon flinched before it lifted its unconscious servant into its arms. One finally, pathetic look back, it turned to run away, its tail tucked between its legs. The Kitsune cheered. Until he saw the Fu dog spin around to glare at him.

Slinking back, he went to sit at the booth he had previously bowed down by. The man strolled through the door. He glared at the Kitsune, but said nothing as he turned to lock the door. A shimmering light shot through the building. It was even more secured now that is guardian returned to it. The man stormed behind the counter. The Kitsune wondered what was going to happen to him. He knew he was at the guardians mercy.

An exquisite smell reached his nose. His mouth watered from it. He didn't look up. Wincing at the sound of his stomach rumbling, the Kitsune simply clutched his wounded hand. There was a clink, the smell was so strong.

"Let me see your paw!" the man growled.

The Kitsune held it up. The man plucked the splinter from his hand. It hurt, he wasn't very gentle about it. Yet the vixen only let a soft hiss escape his lips. The man chuckled.

"Go ahead, eat. I have more if you're that hungry." He added once he wrapped a pristine bandage around the bleeding hand of the Kitsune.

"Why did you chose to help me?" the Kitsune asked picking up a fork. He took a bite of the food. It tasted even better than it smiled.

"I didn't. Nothing threatens my place. You just happened to be within it."

The man laughed as the Kitsune scarfed down the first plate of Cabonara. He was hardly aware when the man filled it back up, leaving behind a glass of red wine and a burst of laughter.