I'll Always Protect You [Caliborn x Reader]

"Idiot!" you yelled angrily at the now scowling cherub.

"What the hell have I told you about shooting things?!" You spat at him.

"Not to do it in public." Caliborn said, turning his still scowling face to the ground.

You sighed, pinching your thumb and fore finger on the bridge of your nose. You hesitantly glanced at the small grey squirrel, now riddled with holes. You sighed again, closing your eyes in an attempt to keep out the image of the poor dead creature. 

"B-but," Caliborn said stubbornly, "it threw an acorn at me..."

"Caliborn, I don't care what it did. You can't handle all your problems by shooting them. We've been over this. And besides...why did you bring your gun to the park anyway?" You asked, eyeing the rather large machine gun warily.

Caliborn scratched the back of his head, his face starting to turn a light shade of red. "Well, ya see I..."

"You what Caliborn, what were you planning to do with it?" You asked, looking up into his bright red eyes.

Caliborn looked down quickly, not willing to hold your intense stare. "I-I..." he trailed off, his face growing a deeper red. "I wanted to protect you..." He said, barely audible.

He glanced up at you once, quickly, then hurriedly looked back at the pavement. You sighed, letting your crossed arms fall to your side. "Oh Caliborn..." you said, not sounding disappointed exactly, but not too pleased either. 

"Cali, you don't need a gun to protect me." You said gently.

Caliborn looked up at you, his now completely red face pouting. "[Name]! I've told you before not to call me that!"

You giggled, knowing just how well Caliborn hated the nickname. "Oh come on Mr. Pouty Face. Let's go home." You extended your hand, which he took hesitantly. His gaze was still stubbornly set in the opposite direction of yours. 

You smiled to yourself again. Though he may have slightly violent tendencies, Caliborn could be really cute sometimes.

As you both began to walk home, Caliborn turned to look at you. His face held an oddly serious determination.

"Hey [Name]?" Caliborn asked.

"Mmhmm?" You said blissfully. 

"Promise me you'll always let me protect you, okay?"

You laughed a little to yourself. "Of course I will."