No Funny Business Please

Kinktober 02 2023 – Inflation

Summary: As a sweet runaway, you join the circus, full of acrobats, animals and yes, creepy clowns. And you have caught the eye of a particular balloon blowing clown who is ready to call your parents if you “misbehave.”

Pairing: Clown!Joaquin Phoenix X f!Reader

Warning Tags: Dead Dove Do Not Eat, Dubious Consent, Sexual Coercion, Inappropriate use of a water hose and balloons, Anal Object insertion harlequin outfits, smoking, Older man/younger woman, grooming, forced orgasm, Masks.

Author Notes: This version of Joaquin is inspired by Joker and American Horror Story. So this is the Joker essentially in a different universe.

*********

“Welcome one! Welcome all! To Phoenix Phenomena! The travelling circus that spreads fear and delights!” Screamed one juggler tossing bowling pins.

You smiled at the crowds coming in. The long lines stood in front of the ticket booth you served. Some kids would ask if you were a “girl clown” because of the masquerade mask you wore was white with a red nose.

Your heart swelled at seeing these happy families.

It had been three months since you had runaway from your family and home. Your parents were a pair of abusive junkie bums. You couldn’t handle another crisis incident with them. The day after your eighteenth birthday you took your hidden stash of cash and a backpack and started hiking the highway in the dead of night. You camped in the woods during the day but your belly would grow tight and you were getting weaker without your usual food portions.

Your money was getting low and hitching a ride to the next state you were struggling more to find a job.

When all felt lost you sat on the side of the road and cried like a big baby. You didn’t want to have to go back home and you were too scared to face your parents anger.

And then... a bus stopped and picked you up. A bus of carnies.

Now you were working a decent minimal wage as a ticket seller. You didn’t tell anyone what your real name was. You cut your hair and took up a job offer from the show master. You didn’t need anyone knowing who you were in case your parents went out trying to find you.

The shows toured around the entire country. And every night you got the chance to watch the performers in awe as they spun, flipped and ran about.

You admired them all, viewing them at practice and hearing their planned discussions for ideas was fascinating. You still felt like the outsider some days, you worried that you weren’t pulling your weight. Your worst fear nowadays was being abandoned by these people that had so generously took you in and gave you a hot meal with a roof over your head...or a tent at least some nights. There was a female performers trailer caravan where you mostly slept.

The show here in this small town was yet again a massive success. Children fell asleep in their parents arms who carried them out. Couples fled the entrance sharing the last pieces of fairy floss and caramelised popcorn.

The hot stage lights were dimming down to cool while the outro music played.

You picked up a broom and began the tiring sweep of discarded food and wrappers. It was nice that the circus believed in leaving the grounds the same way they arrived.

While you went about cleaning, you watched as the performers and stage managers climbed down the seats and stair ways to the centre of the ring where the ring master and head clown Mister Joaquin Phoenix called them in.

“Tremendous show everyone! Tall Tim and Mini Matt, you were great mate! Angel and Andrew, you killed it today with your trapeze! Bobby make sure you give Nemo lots of treats tonight. Oh and Y/N-”