Favorite Books

Speaking of books, I have a lot of favorites. Even though I don't like to pick favorites, there are some books that made me screaming, crying, and throwing up all over it. I'm going to expose my horrible reading taste, and wallow as you would all roast me in the comments.

Do you guys have any favorite books? If so, which ones and why?

Warning: Discussions of depression, SH, SA, ED, s**cide, homophobia, graphic descriptions of disease, violence, intense bullying, and death (but with humans).

Here is my list:

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christe:

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christe is a murder mystery novel where ten people were invited to Soldier Island by a man named U.N. Owen. As we spend more time with these characters to solve the mystery, each of them get killed one by one.

This was my first Agatha Christe book, and it was good soup. I want more, please. I read this in school, and I want more books like this. Agatha Christe's use of simple language made me fly through this book like a cheetah, and still kept me intrigued. That is a gift right there, you know. While her characters are a bit two-dimensional, their psychological effect on the story leaves an impact with you that left you traumatized. That's really what I love about it the most.

I Fell In Love With Hope by Lancali:  

I Fell In Love With Hope by Lancali is a book that follows five teenagers: Sam, Hikari, Neo, Sony, and Coeur, who are all terminally ill. They are all stuck in a hospital with hopes of escaping with the purpose of stealing disease, death, and time. 

This book was one of my favorites this year, and it left me shattered. The characters were wonderful and unique, and the writing was beautiful. While confusing at some points, the plot was engaging and it draws you in on the first chapters (at least in my experience). However, this book does have triggering content with s***cide, SA, SH, ED, death, graphic descriptions of disease, intense bullying, etc.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling:

I feel like I don't have to explain what Harry Potter is about. If I do have to, here: "Yer a wizard, Harry."

I'm pretty sure it's not surprising that I absolutely love Harry Potter. I'm not going to go over the controversy that JKR is going because we're here appreciating literature. Despite its flaws and its weird world building, I'm not going to ignore how this whole series made my childhood magical. I'm not going to ignore how iconic the characters are, and how it makes me want to go to Hogwarts.

Heartstopper by Alice Oseman:

Heartstopper is a LGBTQ romance graphic novel series, following the relationship of Charlie Spring and Nick Nelson.

First off, this series melts my sensitive heart. It's so wholesome, sweet, and teaches really good lessons about identity, self-worth, relationships, and so much more! If I have known this series as a kid, then I would be more accepting about my identity. Besides Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood, this makes me feel safe and comforted. While it does have its wholesome moments, it does go over themes like SH, ED, SA, bullying, and homophobia. Nevertheless, it is a really lovely story and I would recommend it to anyone.

Also, Charlie and Nick are relationship goals. Period. I will die on this hill if you disagree with me.

Loveless by Alice Oseman:

Loveless by Alice Oseman is a coming-of-age LGBTQ story, following Georgia Warr as she navigates her aro ace identity throughout university.

Even though I loved Radio Silence and Heartstopper more than this, the book has a really special place in my heart. I really relate to Georgia's story as she tries to figure out her sexuality, and the constant struggles she faces as she's trying to. It also has themes of friendship, which I ardently love and appreciate because that's what I always desire. This is a great book if you want to find out more about aromanticism or asexuality because these are one of the least understood sexualities. It, like Heartstopper, gives me a really safe space whenever I think about it.