Left hand man

WARNINGS.

This is ABSOLUTELY satire. I do not ship Nick x Shakespeare in the slightest.
Friend requested me to 😡
Romance topics n stuff.
Very zesty
____________
Nick's POV

I slam my quill down on my desk, still covered in ink. Bea will not be happy to hear I made another ink mark in our desk.

I groan and rub my temples. I've spent about 5 hours trying to come up with a new play. Everything I think of has been done, by that twit Shakespeare.

I hear Bea open the door.
"Nick?" She peers in through the doorway and I turn to her.
"Yes, honey?" I reply, trying my best to not look stressed.
"Dinners ready.." She takes note of my stressed expression. "..if your hungry."
I nod, and stand up. As I walk past her, she grabs my arm softly.
"Are you okay?" She asks me, as I move closer to her.
"Yes, I'm fine." I sigh.
She nodded, obviously not believing me, and walked with me to our kitchen.

Nigel was sitting at the table, already eating his cabbage.
"Hi, nick." He said, his mouth full.
"Hi, nige." I groan, sitting down.
"You stressed about writing again?"
I nod, "I don't get how Shakespeare manages it."

Theres a moment of silence as he finished a mouthful of cabbage.
"Maybe you should ask him for help."

I raise one eyebrow. Does he really think I'm going to work with Shakespeare? William Shakespeare? The worst person ever? Yeah I wouldn't mind the help at this point.

"I can contact him," he added.
"If you don't mind, Nige." I nod, finishing my bowl of cabbage.

I've got a great plan.
I'll steal all his ideas, and create the greatest play England has ever watched! I grinned to myself.

-

It's the next day. Nigel convinced Shakespeare to help me.

Well, according to Nigel, he was somewhat willing to help me. Which is weird. We're rivals.

I sat at my desk, waiting for our 'celebrity guest'. I'd tied me and Bea's room to make sure it looked okay. I didn't really care much, but I at least didn't want to look stupid around Shakespeare.

I heard the door opened.
"Hi, Bottom." Will smirked at me. "Struggling with writing, I hear?"

I roll my eyes and nod. I stand up to greet my celebrity guest, who had the top button of his shirt undone. I raised one eyebrow at him. I looked him up and down. He looked me up and down. The way he did it felt a bit weirder than the way I did it.

Whatever, back to my plan.

"So," I speak up "what are your ideas?"

I turn my back to him and walk to my desk, expecting him to follow after me.

"You really think I'm just going to spill my genius ideas without any pay back?" He rolled his eyes, I turn around to see the man towering over me.

"What do yo-" with one hand, he pushes my chest down into my desk. I don't have time to react or protest.

I realised that within the time I had turned around, he'd undone another 2 buttons of his shirt.

He reaches for my hands, and I feel his fingers intertwine in mine.

God I'm so happy Bea went out shopping today.

"You're bright red, bottom." Will practically spits at me.
"What do you expect me to do..?"

He chuckles. He leans closer to me.

I close my eyes.

I feel a weight on my lips. The weight is smooth, its almost a nice feeling. The weight withdrawns and I open my eyes once again.

"You got ideas now, bottom?" He says, as he slips his fingers away and stands up straight.

I'm still slumped over the desk, processing this all.
"I- yes. Yes I do." I stammer. He looks proud and just... Walks out. What just happened.

Does he not care? Is he not bothered?

I get up, and find my hat. My new favourite feather hat that I brought the other day. I decide it's appropriate for the occasion.

An hour later, Bea comes home. I decide to surprise her by showing her my new hat. I hope she likes it :).

I walk into the kitchen, and greet my wife.
"Notice anything different?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow. She looks me up and down.
"Nick..." She stared at me "are you gay?"

~

738 words