Chapter two

The first thing Dazai noticed as he opened his eyes is that the mysterious red head that had helped him before was gone. he couldn't have left permanently because the pack that had previously rested on his shoulders was still here.

Dazai makes the bad decision to try to see more of his surroundings, but as he moved, pain shot through his entire body. He gave up on trying to get a better look, and decided on simply waiting for the red head to return from wherever he wondered off to.

While Dazai was waiting, he decided to take a look at his injuries instead. He was stabbed three times in the stomach and shot twice, once on the thigh and once on the shoulder. The rather tiny man had been so kind to help him out by cleaning his wounds and bandaging him. His sudden inability to move around due to pain is bound to have life threatening consequences.

Any nearby zombie could deem him a worthy snack, not to mention other survivors. What was the red headed mans plan? Surely he wasn't planning on keeping Dazai around? No one in their right mind would help some random stranger by giving them free medical attention and keeping them around long enough for said random stranger to heal. And this is leaving out the part where said random stranger was found by a pile of bodies.

Suddenly there was a loud creak. Dazai looks up and sees the red head he was so patiently waiting for.

"Oh, sorry did I wake you?"

In his hands lay a small amount of rations, not quite enough for a typical dinner for two in the past, but good enough.

"No, I've been awake." Replied Dazai.

Chuuya began to speak as he sat on the ground next to Dazai, " I went through some of those peoples pockets and found enough food for now, but if we want to make it to next week we will have to leave soon. With your injuries its unlikely we will get to leave today, so its best we leave tomorrow."

Hm, smart thinking Dazai supposes. "I'm sure you've noticed I'm in no shape to be moving, even if it's tomorrow." Unless this mysterious man has a car sitting somewhere round here, which is unlikely, there will be no leaving.

"Yeah I noticed asshole. I'm the one who fixed you up, remember?" After another second he spoke again, " That's actually the reason I was gone for so long, I was able to find a car that works a few miles away."

Away for so long? "How long was I out?"

It couldn't have been too long right? " Well its five in the afternoon now, so you tell me."

Damn, that long? Chuuya speaks again as he hands Dazai half of the rations. " Here you need it, save your energy. And don't ask for more, I know your skinny ass is probably starving but there's not enough for the both of us to be full. At least this way we get even portions."

"Wasn't planning on asking for more, but whatever." Dazai mumbled, which earned him an eye roll by Chuuya. Does he always talk this much? Dazai takes his half of the rations. It doesn't take long for all of the food to be completely downed, especially since he hasn't eaten for days. "Why are you doing this? Helping me I mean?" Dazai asked as he whipped the remaining food crumbs of his mouth.

It's really an idiotic decision. Who's the say the moment Dazai is better he wont just kill the man and take his belongings?

" Well if I were to just leave you there to die then I wouldn't be any better than the ones who actually did all the work."

Dazai begins to speak again, " What's your name? You never told me and it just seems unfair for you to know mine but I don't know yours." Dazai seriously doesn't enjoy the man having so much on him, but knowing nothing about the very man who saved him.