─── three

This love is also in one
way a torture
That burns us alive.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"That was a lie, Harry," said Hermione sharply over breakfast, when he told her, Willow, and Ron what Harry had done. "You didn't imagine your scar hurting, and you know it."

Harry had written to Sirius about his nightmares, which worried Sirius and had asked about coming to castle. But, he lied to protect him.

Typical Harry.

Willow was silent throughout the whole conversation and was solely focused on having her breakfast and running away from the place.

"So what?" said Harry. "He's not going back to Azkaban because
of me."

"Drop it," said Ron sharply to Hermione as she opened her mouth to argue some more, and for once, Hermione heeded him.

"She's got all rights to talk, Ron!" Willow finally talked as she glared at Ron. This was the first time she'd ever talked like this to him. Ron's eyes widened as realization hit him. He apologized to Hermione, who acknowledged it by a small smile.

"What's with you, Will?" Harry asked as Willow shrugged and looked at him.

"I'm fine, Harry... just a small headache, " she said and got up before taking her books.

"Got some work to do before class.. see you guys later, " She said and walked away, leaving a confused Harry and horrified Ron.

"Something's off with her," said Harry, still his eyes fixed on the entrance of the great hall.

"She's fine!" Hermione chimed in as she took a sip of her soup.

"I totally got into her wrong side today, Merlin... I'm never gonna do that again.." Ron muttered as Hermione smirked triumphantly and thanked her friend.

For the following weeks, Willow barely talked with her friends due to heavy assignments. All the fourth years had noticed a definite increase in the amount of work they were required to do this term. Professor McGonagall explained why, when the class gave a particularly loud groan at the amount of transfiguration homework she had assigned.

"You are now entering a most important phase of your magical education!" she told them, her eyes glinting dangerously behind her square spectacles. "Your Ordinary Wizarding Levels are draw-
ing closer -"

"We don't take O.W.L.s till the fifth year!" said Dean Thomas
indignantly.

"Maybe not, Thomas, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get! Miss Granger remains the only person in this class who has managed to turn a hedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion, Thomas, still curls up in fright if anyone approaches it with a pin!"

Hermione, who had turned rather pink again, seemed to be trying not to look too pleased with herself. Willow's lips twitched up as she nudged her arm, to which Hermione smiled a little. Slowly, she turned aside to see Harry looking at her. Willow gave him a quick smile and looked away, which made Harry confused once again.

That week, she'd spend her time either by completing her assignments or by talking with Hermione. She rarely talked to Ron and Harry? She pretended as if he didn't exist.