The Pizza Delivery Boy and the Curse of the Nile

Tom was a pizza delivery boy who dreamed of adventure and excitement. He loved reading books and watching movies about ancient civilizations, especially Egypt. He always wanted to see the pyramids, the sphinx, and the mummies.

One day, he received a letter in the mail that changed his life. It was an invitation to join an archeological dig on the Nile, sponsored by a mysterious organization called the Society of the Golden Scarab. The letter said that Tom had been selected as one of the lucky winners of a contest that he didn't even remember entering. It offered him a free flight, accommodation, and food for two weeks, as well as the opportunity to work with renowned experts and explore the secrets of the past.

Tom couldn't believe his luck. He packed his bags, quit his job, and boarded the plane to Cairo. He was greeted by a friendly man named Dr. Jones, who claimed to be the leader of the expedition. Dr. Jones introduced Tom to the other members of the team: a young woman named Sarah, who was an aspiring journalist; a burly man named Jack, who was a former soldier; and a quiet man named Ahmed, who was a local guide.

Dr. Jones explained that they were going to a remote site near Luxor, where they had discovered a hidden tomb that belonged to an unknown pharaoh. He said that they hoped to find priceless artifacts and clues about the history of Egypt. He also warned them that they had to be careful, as there were rumors of a curse that protected the tomb from intruders.

Tom was thrilled by the prospect of adventure. He followed Dr. Jones and the others to a jeep that took them to the site. Along the way, he admired the scenery of the Nile and the ancient monuments that dotted its banks.

They arrived at the site after a few hours of driving. They set up their camp near a large hill that concealed the entrance to the tomb. Dr. Jones gave them a brief orientation and then led them to the opening of the tomb. He said that they had to descend a long staircase that led to a series of chambers and corridors.

Tom followed Dr. Jones into the dark abyss, holding a flashlight in his hand. He felt a surge of excitement as he stepped into the unknown.

The first chamber they entered was filled with statues and paintings of gods and pharaohs. Tom was amazed by the beauty and detail of the ancient art. He took out his camera and snapped some photos.

Dr. Jones pointed out some hieroglyphs on the wall that identified the owner of the tomb as Pharaoh Akhenaten, who ruled Egypt in the 14th century BC. He said that Akhenaten was a controversial figure who tried to change the religion of Egypt from polytheism to monotheism, worshipping only one god called Aten. He also said that Akhenaten was hated by many of his subjects and enemies, who tried to erase his memory from history.

Tom was fascinated by this information. He asked Dr. Jones if he thought that Akhenaten's tomb contained any secrets or treasures.

Dr. Jones smiled and said that he hoped so. He said that they had to go deeper into the tomb to find out.

They continued their exploration, passing through more chambers and corridors that displayed more statues, paintings, and relics. Tom was in awe of everything he saw.

They reached a large hall that had a huge stone door at its end. Dr. Jones said that this was the final chamber, where Akhenaten's sarcophagus was located. He said that they had to be very careful, as this was where the curse might be activated.

He instructed Tom and the others to stay behind him as he approached the door. He examined it for any signs of traps or mechanisms. He found none.

He pushed against the door with all his strength. It didn't budge.

He looked for a keyhole or a handle. He found none.

He searched for any clues or symbols on the door or on the walls around it. He found none.

He scratched his head and sighed.

He said that he didn't know how to open it.

Tom felt disappointed.

He wondered if they had come all this way for nothing.

He looked around the hall and noticed something that caught his eye.

It was a small golden scarab pendant hanging from a chain around Sarah's neck.

He remembered seeing it before, when they first met at the airport.

He asked her where she got it.

She said that it was a gift from Dr. Jones.

She said that he gave it to her as a token of appreciation for joining his team.

She said that he told her that it was an ancient Egyptian amulet that brought good luck and protection.

She said that she liked it very much and wore it all the time.

Tom felt curious.

He asked Dr. Jones if he had any more of those pendants.

Dr. Jones said that he did.

He said that he had one for each member of the team.

He said that he had them in his backpack.

He said that he forgot to give them to Tom, Jack, and Ahmed.

He said that he would give them to them now.

He reached for his backpack and opened it.

He took out three more golden scarab pendants and handed them to Tom, Jack, and Ahmed.

He told them to put them on and keep them close to their hearts.

He said that they would help them in their quest.

Tom thanked Dr. Jones and put the pendant around his neck.

He felt a warm sensation in his chest.

He looked at the pendant and saw that it had a small engraving on its back.

It was a hieroglyph that looked like a sun with rays.

It was the symbol of Aten, the god of Akhenaten.

Tom felt a sudden chill in his spine.

He wondered if this was a coincidence or a sign.

He looked at Dr. Jones and saw that he had a strange smile on his face.

He looked at Sarah and saw that she had the same smile.

He looked at Jack and Ahmed and saw that they had the same smile.

They all had the same smile.

They all had the same pendant.

They all had the same symbol.

They all had the same god.

They all had the same curse.