005: Attacked In The Dead Of Night

Lilli and Enola were walking through the streets of London

Lilli and Enola were walking through the streets of London. Many would think that as she was part of the second richest family in England, it wasn't a very good idea for her to be tracking around England. But England was so big, you would of needed to have met someone quite regularly to remember who they are. So as Lilli rarely ever went to London, as she spent most of her time since she was little going to the Holmes house or the Holmes siblings coming to theirs. This made it easy for the brunette to go unrecognised as her and her best friend walked to the dress shop.

Once inside the dress shop the two girls started looking through the dresses until a women walked up to them.
"And what do boys like you want with those?" The women asks.
"We shall need a whalebone corset each." Lilli tells the lady.
"You shall need no such thing. This is a respectable shop." The women tells her.
"And we will respect it." Enola says.
"You don't look like you will." The women retorts. "You don't smell like you will. And I-"
The two girls cut the women off, by each pulling out a large stack of cash and pretending to go through them.
"Do you have anywhere we can dress?" Lilli asks.
The women smiles as she points them to the dressing room.

Eventually the two girls walk out in there dresses and hair done. Enola had a dark red dress on with her hair in a bun, while Lilli was in a light blue dress with her hair in a half up half down style . The part up in a flat bun and the rest of her hair flowing down her back.
The women gasps as they come out. Lilli and Enola smile at each other before looking at the women.
"Now where might we find a lodging house?" Enola asks.
"We'll pay handsomely for good value." Lilli adds.
"Follow me." The women says, before leading them outside.
"Is this really good value?" Enola asks, as they walk up to a building, that didn't look the nicest.
"Oh best value you'll find." The women tells her. "You lucky you found me."
When they walked in there was shouting and a baby crying. The women showed them to their room which had one bed and a chest of draws, and that was basically it. The Floorboards creak as they walk into the room. They both hear squeaking looking down to see a mouse by Enola's feet. The two girls share a nervous laugh.
"It's lovely." Lilli lies.
The women smiles before leaving them to get settled in.

_________

The two girls got straight to work on finding Enola's mother. They placed a secret message in all the newspapers they could think of, and currently found themselves walking into a place she often sent letters to. They walked in to see a tea room. As they walk through the tea room there was crashing from upstairs.
"What's up there?" Lilli asks a women.
"Noisy bloody women." The women answers.
The women chuckles as she walks away.the two girls share a knowing look before making their way upstairs. The open a door to see loads of women fighting.
"Good afternoon. You wanting to be recruited?" A women asks walking over to them.
"Uh... no. We're looking for Eudoria Vernet Holmes." Enola tells her.
"Enola. Enola Holmes. And Lilli Wilson. It is you isn't it?" The women asks. "Why are you dressed like a powder puff. Oh my." The women says, before looking directly at Enola. "You look the spit of her."
"You recognise us?" Enola asks.
"Of course I do. I was you girls first teacher." The women says.
The women then grabs Enola causing to girl to flip her.
"You progressed nicely I see." The women says.

The women, who the girls soon learned to be Edith, led the two of them to an office.
"You girls are alone? In London?" Edith asks.
"Yes. There was a useless boy but we rid ourselves of him." Enola tells her. "We have money lodgings, we just need to find her."
What makes you think that she wants to be found?" Edith asks. Eudoria's been hiding all her life. If she wants to stay hidden, she will. And besides she has work to do."
"What work?" Lilli asks.
"I cannot say." Edith tells them.
The two girls then remember how they saw a meeting Eudoria was having with a bunch of other women, but when she saw them listening Eudoria closed the door.
"So you were at that meeting to." Enola says.
"Who is Ellie Houseman?" Lilli asks.
"I wish I can help you more." Edith says.
"You can but you won't." Enola says.
"I must get back to my students." Edith tells them. "You can see yourself out."
"Hey." Lilli says, trying to tackle Edith.
She tries to wrap her legs around Edits leg to pull her down but fails.
"Ah, the corkscrew. You could never manage that one could you?" Edith asks before walking to the door. "If you want to stay in London be tough. Be tough. Live the life. But don't do it because your looking for someone do it because your looking for yourself."
Edith then leaves. As Lilli and Enola go to leave the spot a box. They go over and grab something from inside. It was a cylinder shape item with the same symbol as to a box the girls had seen in the room that Eudoria was having the meeting.
"I know that Ellie Houseman stands for." Enola says. "It's another one of mothers word games."
"What does it mean?" Lilli asks.
"Lime House Lane." Enola says.

The girls get to Lime House Lane to look around. They didn't see much but on a door was a red ribbon. The same red ribbon that was wrapped around Enola's present from her mother. The climb through the window.
"What is all this stuff?" Lilli asks, seeing a bunch of different powders and chemicals.
Enola uses one chemical, dripping it onto a dish with powder causing an explosion. Lilli finds a book about women voting. They found barrels of gun powder. In the end the girls figured out what Eudoria was going to do. She was going to blow up important parts of London as an uprising.
"Mycroft was right. You are dangerous." Enola says to herself.
Lilli then takes a cover off a box to find a load of weapons.
"Sherlock was right. She does have a plan." Lilli says.
"What are you planning, mother? Do we want to find you?" Enola asks herself.

The girls leave and walk through the alley again. All of a sudden the two girls are grabbed and dunked into water barrels on opposite sides of the alley. The two girls gasp and scream trying to get free. Lilli then feels herself being brought back up.
"I will ask you this only once. Where is the Marquess?" The man from the train asks her.
"Now who would that be?" Lilli asks, causing the guy to dunk her back in bringing her back up after a couple moments. "We went our separate ways. I have not seen him. I have nothing to do with him."
"Well that's a shame. You've seen my face now." The man says, before dunking her back into the water.
The man keeps her down until the hand lets go of the side. He lets go of her and looks at her. Before he could respond Lilli gets up and elbows him in the face. Enola having the same idea as well. The two girls run off.
They hide behind a wall before the men spot them. The girls fight, both in the alley way until Lilli was pushed into the room they had just been in with all of Eudoria's explosives. The guy tried to stab her but the corset prevents it from actually getting to her skin.
"No more surprises." The guy says.
"No." Lilli replies.
The guy goes to stab her again but Lilli sets off an explosion.
Lilli runs out the room and sees Enola had beaten the guy who was attacking her. The two girls quickly run off escaping the two men.