½

Street lights flashed into the dark room as cars drove by. The room frequently lit up with hazy orange hue, slipping away leaving the dim walls in obscurity.

The sun was setting down the horizon, slowly merging into the blue sea. Nightfall hovered as the sky turned a shade of navy blue. Stars twinkled vaguely in the night sky.

A figure laid on one of the couches in the room. A cigarette lit up in his left hand as he squinted his eyes to see the stars through the open window. But to no avail, couldn't make out a single one with darkness surrounding him.

He cursed as he exhaled a puff of smoke. He could hear the crashing of ocean waves hitting the shore. It was as if someone was whispering angrily next to his ear. It was oddly comforting. It sounded awfully familiar. Sanzu let out an amused laugh, his eyes flickered towards the pack of cigarette and lighter tossed on the table.

His arm reached out to snatch the lighter. He emplaced it in front of his face as a clink went off. A soft flame flickered. Specks of light flashed in his pale blue/turquoise eyes.

                  -

It reminded him of how back during his childhood whenever he made a mistake or he should say Senju's mistakes. Takeomi bluntly told him to come inside.

The memory was vivid in Sanzu's mind. How his legs would tremble when standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. He fumbled the edge of his shirt. His palms  gradually turning cold. Takeomi sat on the couch with a cigarette in his hand.

It was a hot summer afternoon. Bright sunrays emitted from the large window behind Takeomi. Making it harder for Haruchiyo to clearly see his brother's figure. He saw Takeomi's shadow shift, lifting his right arm up. 

Haruchiyo flinched as his toes curled up painfully. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears, his chest felt shallow. His mind was screeching at him "RUN RUN RUN". He just simply couldn't, his feet stood frozen to the floor.

"Haruchiyo"

"What the fuck were you doing?"

Takeomi's raspy voice growled as Sanzu stiffened. Sweat glided down his back. He cowered away holding back tears. He desperately avoided meeting Takeomi's eyes. He clutched his arm, his body trembled as he anticipated what was about to come.

Haruchiyo knew his brother very well.

Takeomi wasn't affectionate. That was uncool. He was rather a brute man. Talking was definitely not his thing at all. Fists and punches were what he believed in.

Ultimately, Haruchiyo had no choice. His eyes brimmed with fright as he tumbled to the floor.  His vision blurred with tears seeing a distorted Takeomi closing the door. He closed his eyes. He simply had no choice.

As screams engulfed the room completely.

                  -

Sanzu abruptly stood up, his eyes widened in fear. His breathing ragged as his hands trembled. 'No, it can't be' his voice cracked.

He struggled to catch his breath as he fell to the floor, grasping his throat his breath uneven.
'He's dead. He's dead. Fucking get it together Sanzu'

He eventually quit trying and buried his head into his arms until his breathing slowed down. His clammy palms glided down his neck. 'Its not there it's not there' He gulped hesitantly, cold sweat trickled down his forehead as he allowed himself to calm down.

                  -

Sweet air blew in, Sanzu inhaled in the smoke. A rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance possibly covering the sky by now.

Among all other nights filled with deafening silence, tonight he wished for sleep to strangle him tight till he couldn't breathe. To clasp his arms numb until his vision distorted.

No, he deserved a much crueler fate. Truth to be told, his king has died.
Sanzu's eyes flashed with dread. He threw away the cigarette in distaste. His eyes filled with nothingness as he stared up at the ceiling.

Lighting flashed, slowly raindrops began to fall. He left him behind. With no purpose to live by. Numbness burned through his chest as the memory of Mikey sculpting two diamonds on the corners of his lips burst open.

His fingers unconsciously grazed the said scar. His eyes stung at the painful memory. He didn't want to remember it. It left him scarred forever. That's right, He left him these scars.

                               F i n