An Odd Feeling (1)

(Third Person POV)

Swiping the dust off the trapdoor, Chosen would sigh with relief. Finally, here it was. Dark's lab that he had kept hidden for so long. On the surface, Dark had just been making average, file deleting viruses. Of course, he had planned to take over the world with these, but Chosen knew that was just the surface. Dark always had backups in case his plans did fail. Unfortunately this time, he had gotten the short end of the stick, and passed before he was able to access any other of his creations.

'This should be it..'

Unlocking the lock, Chosen heaved the heavy door upwards to its open position. Almost immediately, cool air rushed out and hit his face, along with a mixture of dust. Breathing it in, Chosen coughed a bit before making his way down the cold stone stairs.

The basement was incredibly dusty. Jars decorated shelves crudely pinned on the walls, yet somehow still standing. The desk to the side has laid out papers, a small magnet, and a red colored jar. The color was so dense you could barely see what was inside. The room stank to high heaven with all the bugs dead in their jars from the lack of care. Chosen, despite gagging, was glad the mechanical bugs were dead. He absolutely despised bugs of any kind, real or not.

"God, it's terrible in here. This is all definitely Dark's work."

He walked along the rows of jar and blew the dust off of each to see the contents. Each one was labeled.

'V-009'
'V-107'
'AV-999'

They were all so strange, every single one was different, and they just laid there, not moving at all. The only thing similar about them was that they were all super small. Small enough to attack without being seen. The thought made Chosen shiver.

He turned to the red jar on the desk and looked at the label.

'V-Z-ABS-007'

Hm. This one was longer than the others. He picked up the jar and tried to look inside, yet the jar was too red to see-through, so it was impossible to see if there was anything inside, and whether it was alive or not.

Shrugging, he went to put it back. As he went to place the jar down again, he felt it slip from his hand. No matter how fast he was, the red jar had already hit the floor and shattered, the glass spread across the floor. Chosen stepped back. He looked around, trying to see if anything was inside the jar.

From what he could see, nothing broke out.

He was slightly relieved, but also on edge. The rest of the day went by as normal, however Chosen went to bed feeling a bit different than usual.