Chapter. 18 ::

En başından başla

Glancing at the maid done doing her tasks, "Summon Felix for me." he commands, "and the new physician."

The servant bowed her head before making her exit.

"The weather look good aren't it father?" asks Athanasia.

Claude just hummed back at her as a reply that made the smile in her lips become bitter.

She sips in her cup and a grimace itches in her face. Putting back the cup on the table.

Raising his eyebrows at her, questioningly. "What's wrong?" he asks. The tea they're having right now was Earl Grey, the tea he always shared with his son.

He didn't actually wanted to drink it with her but he wanted this little farce play to be done so he didn't bother to ask the maid to serve another tea for her.

She bit her lips scrunching her nose in distaste. Claude took that as an offense, probably because of the memory of the person he shared it with.

"It tastes bitter." she said with all honesty in her voice.

Claude didn't think it was. Yes it probably tastes far different from Makarios prepared by himself — something that on the tip of his tongue. A flavor he's longing for as much sharing it with the person who he shared it with the very first time.

"So." muttered Claude. "Ask for different tea then." he said.

"Please." uttered Athanasia looking at the another servant standing at the side. "Something sweet please." she requested.

"What tea is this Father?" she asks trying to make some conversation.

Claude looks at cup on his table, a small smile slips on his lips. "E—"

Not being able to finished what he was saying, Felix came, striding with his knightly posture. "Your Majesty." he greeted.

He looks like he was in a good mood.

"Where is the assistant of that magician? I did asks for his presence from what I remember."

"Oh," muttered Felix with a small smile on his lips but you also can notices a melancholy look in his eyes eclipsing it. "He's here—" Felix take a glance on the back of his shoulder.

A boy steps besides the knight that bowed at him, a posture and mannerisms he was very familiar with, then he raises his head facing Claude with a soft expression, eyes were closed. And suddenly there's no stranger, a no name boy standing in front of him but a ghost of a person from his past.

Someone he can't forget and will never be, someone he never want to forget. A memory of someone he wanted to carry even how painful and  hard it is for him, he will keep it inside him and carry it until he die and see's that person once again.

"Greetings and Blessings upon the sun of the Obelian Empire." he said with his one arm behind his back and hand raise where his heart. "I'm Achlys, Lucas assistant." he introduces, opening his eyes shade with light blue color, a dull color compared to his son's bright beautiful jeweled eyes.

But the way they shine was similar, far similar it scares him.

"Your Majesty." called Felix probably sensing the crisis and dilemma he's currently in. Yeah, he probably been there since he met this boy before him.

The boy, Achlys look at him with soft and warm glint and his eyes. Claude bit the bottom of his lips suppressing the whirling feelings storming inside of him.

Don't look at me like that. he complained like a child inside of his mind. When you look like him so much.

He takes a deep breath composing himself professionally. "Then, I'll look forward for you working for me." he said, "I won't tolerate a someone incompetent."

Achlys eyes slightly widen (something very familiar that making the melancholy feeling grew inside) then smiled brightly with his eyes closes forming into cresent. "Of course your Majesty!" he said bright and cheerily.

Claude just hummed at that, he would probably sneer at this person and glared at them coldly as they act at him with such familiarity.

But Claude can't, he can't bring himself self treat this boy harshly.

Is it because he looks like Makarios? That he reminds Claude so much of his son?

He sighs and look at Athanasia, "You can leave," he said getting a startled look from the girl. "I have something important to talk with Felix."

Athanasia just nodded her head reluctantly.

Claude then look at the boy— Achlys who smiled at him, understanding. "You need me to leave for your Majesty and Lord Felix to speak something private right?" he said as if he knows what running in Claude's mind.

Achlys smiled softly at him, "Of course your Majesty." he said with light tone, then look at Athanasia, "Let's go your Highness." he offered his hand, "I'll accompany your leave."

Athanasia look at his hand with a forlorn look in her face then nodded taking his hand.

Felix look at the retreating form of the two from a far then turn his attention to his liege.

"Your Majesty." he called carefully at the emperor who has a very far away look in his eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks, "seeing him everyday might —"

"Aren't it the same for you?" the emperor asks, cutting him off.

Yes. he answered internally, "yes." he repeated, voicing his thoughts in a very small tone.

"Looks like we have it rough then." said the emperor looking at nowhere. Eyes were soft, a look that he always used to look at the Prince.

It's been a while since he saw him make that kind of expression. "Yes, it is." agreed Felix with a sad yet soft look in his eyes.

The emperor let out a watery laugh at that and Felix can feel his throat gone dry, sting can feel in the corner of his eyes.

Since when did he become a crybaby? Felix mused to himself. Since that day. A traitorous voice answered at the back of his head and Felix feel like he might really cry right now.

•••
TBC.

••

Claude calling Athanasia; Diana's child, child, girl— gives you the expression that he didn't consider her as her child right?

• she did what she did in the the manhwa, acting cute in front of Claude to make him like him. Claude who actually already knows what really genuine love is like, of course not affected from it. You know what I mean with that right?

• Felix still guarding her yet he still consider himself Claude and Makarios/Achlys knight.