Prologue-New York City- 5 years ago

Ellies POV

It was just like any other day in the city, when I met Carmen Berzatto while on the subway. He was headed for a shift at the restaurant he'd only just started at, while I was simply trying to navigate my way to my new micro apartment that I could barely afford to rent in the city.

I was quite surprised when I stumbled my way onto the train just as the doors were closing and just so happened to bump into someone. I looked up to apologize when I was met with the most blue eyes id ever seen before.

"Oh Shit!' I explained "Sorry about that"

He just laughed and shrugged it off " It's fine, are you ok"

"Oh me, uhh yea I'm good, My names Eleanora but you can call me Ellie" I smiled sheepishly at him.

"Carmen but you can call me Carmy" he smiled back at me.

"Are you new to the city?" Carmy questions

"Yea is it that obvious" I laughed

"Kinda, but I just moved here as well. I'm still trying to figure this shit out too" he replied with a chuckle

After their first meeting, neither expected to ever see one another again. However time and time again they seemed to bump into each other. He's always headed for work at the kitchen he's currentlyworking at, while I head to one of my serving jobs at the restaurants I was able to get jobs at. It's a struggle trying to make end meets when you live alone in New York, but I wouldnt have it any other way to be honest.

Finally after 3 weeks of small talk on the subway he got the courage to ask for my number.

"Hey Ellie! Do you think we c-could,, maybe.. Hangout sometime" Carmy kinda stuttered while trying to ask. "It's ok if you don..."

He stopped short and just kinda smiled at me when he heard me start laughing, I couldn't help it. I'd never seen him so unsure of himself in the couple times we'd spoken while on our daily commutes.

"I'd love that! It's been difficult finding friends in the city" I replied back

"G-great" he stuttered out again, " I'll message you later, what's your number" Carmy smiled 
Needlessly to say that was the start of their friendship, which then turned to love...

~Ellie~

~Ellie's tattoos~

~Ellie's tattoos~