Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

The rain had cleared up by now. I guess the sky was trying to send me the message that everything would be okay today. Unlike yesterday, when the pouring rain signalled that my day was going to absolutely suck. And it did, right from the morning until the night. First, there had been a break out in Azkaban. Andromeda, who I had lived with since I was seven, decided to hide who it was. Knowing her, I wasn't too surprised that she was trying to "protect me". But I was still pissed about it. Then, my freaking quidditch tournament gets cancelled. And to top that, I'm not even allowed to leave the house. So being a mature 15 year old, I threw a tantrum. Andromeda finally came up with a compromise, we could both go to Diagon Alley with the Weasleys. I was perfectly fine with this, considering Fred and George were my best friends from school and I just liked the Weasley family as a whole.

"Breakfast is ready, dear!" called Andromeda from the kitchen, where the lovely smell of french toast floated from.

"I'll be right down!" I yelled back, quickly brushing my light brown hair. I got dressed and ran down the stairs.

"That was quick," Andromeda mused.

I smiled sweetly, my mouth already stuffed with food. Andromeda chuckled, shaking her head. "What will I do with you?" she joked.

"How 'bout giving me some floo powder so I can get to Diagon Alley?" I suggested hopefully.

Andromeda rolled her eyes and made her way over to the fireplace with me following eagerly. She cast a quick spell on the dishes to make them clean theirselves, then proceeded to get the Floo powder. "Alohomora!" she said, and the cabinet with the powder became unlocked. I smirked at this, considering it was a necessary precaution since I often tried to sneak out of the house.

We each took a handful of the dust and stepped into the fireplace. "DIAGON ALLEY!" we yelled, and after almost spinning into oblivion, we arrived at The Leaky Cauldron, covered in ash.

The first thing I saw was Ron and his friend Hermione arguing, pets clutched in their arms. Harry, who I knew from quidditch, was standing between them awkwardly.
Ron saw me first, and stuck out his tongue. "I hate your shirt, Amanda." I looked down and remembered I was wearing my Holyhead Harpies jersey. I laughed. "Tell me Ron, how are the Cannons doing this year?" I asked mockingly. I was pleased to see his ears turn red. I smiled cheekily and messed up his hair. As I was walking away, I heard Hermione say, "You know Amanda Ilder?" And for some reason, she sounded amazed.

When I walked out of the Leaky Cauldron and into the wizarding world, I was greeted by Ginny, who I really liked. She was funny, mature, and smart. We hugged and talked for a while before I went to go find Fred and George. I really wasn't surprised to find them in Zonkos near some fireworks. "Well," I said, squeezing in between them. "If it isn't Gred and Forge."

They both turned towards me, and before I knew what was happening, I was in a twin sandwich, getting hugged by both boys. "Well," George said. "If it isn't Amanda Ilder." Fred completed. We all laughed.

"I was so bored yesterday," I told them with a huff. "Since the All-Stars quidditch tournament was cancelled."

Fred and George nodded. "Well, atleast you're with us now!" Fred said cheekily. "And we're meeting up with Lee, Angelina, and Katie soon, too." added George.

"Sounds good," I replied. The three of us talked for a while about school, pranks, and quidditch until it was time to meet up with the rest of our squad.

"Why have you called us all here?" Angelina asked the twins suspiciously after we said our hellos.

"Come on, Ang. Can't friends just gather together in Diagon Alley?" George replied, smirking.

"You'd think so." Angelina said jokingly as Katie laughed.

"Fine, we'll show you," Fred said, "But only because you begged."

We followed the twins through Diagon Alley to where Flourish and Blotts was. "Is this what you wanted to show us?" asked Lee. "Some fancy quills?"

Fred and George went beside him, grabbing his shoulders. "Look at the wall behind it," George exclaimed. We all looked where he was pointing.

That's when it clicked. I had seen this wall somewhere, in a drawing. I had been over at the Burrow for dinner. Mrs. Weasley was yelling at Fred and George about their joke wands. She then mentioned 'Weasleys Wizard Wheezes'. I had laughed, knowing that was the name of the joke shop Fred and George wanted so badly. Then, something had fallen out of Fred's pocket. It was rolled up, and I picked it up before Mrs. Weasley could see it. I opened it, and there was a hand-drawn diagram labeled 'WWW Store'. The thing that was particularly odd about the diagram was that the wall seemed to stick out a bit- as if it was supposed to be a building but just wasn't.

"I don't see anything," Lee said.

The others murmured an agreement, but I ignored them. I walked over to the wall, placing my hands on it. I felt my friends' eyes on my back, but I kept my hands on the wall, hitting random bricks with my hand. I was looking for an entrance.

"She's gone mental," I heard Lee mutter.

"No she hasn't," Fred replied. "She's figured it out." Good, I had been right then. That would suck if I hadn't because I would look like an idiot.

After a minute of brick-hitting, the wall finally did something, thank God. A few bricks moved aside, making a door. Inside was completely hollow.

"Welcome to the future Weasleys Wizard Wheezes Store!" Fred and George exclaimed together.

A/N: If there's anyone reading this story, please vote, comment, and share it!