tokyo - choi beomgyu ☁️

pairing: boyfriend!beomgyu x fem!reader

word count: 10.6k

summary: the neon-lit towers which surround you are mighty bright. but in his eyes, you shine brightest. the adventures of two lovers in tokyo. ~coming of age film~ vibes.

contents: some cursing, established relationship, romance, physical touch, fluff, mostly just tooth rotting fluff. it's a wholesome story :)

a/n: this is for those of you who love fluff! and there will be a part two of this story for those who also enjoy smut. stay tuned!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚

♬ [soundtrack]
wonder - adoy
cinnamon - jome
robbers - the 1975
midnight city - m83
photograph - offonoff
the movies - nightly
ghosting - txt
lost in japan - shawn mendes
two of us on the run - lucius
twenty something - nightly
hazy - vulpix
moonlight - dhruv
tek it - cafune
bloom - the paper kites
have you ever been in love? - the ivy

immerse yourself in the story & listen while you read to heighten your experience :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

his wristwatch struck twelve; signaling the halfway mark for your long-awaited flight. the plane soared over distant cities as you lazily drifted your eyes to the oval window, gazing out at the blurred lights of twinkling buildings against the night sky thousands of feet below you. occasionally glancing over at your boyfriend's wrist to get a peek at the time as his hand rested in your lap.

shifting in your seat as you listened to the gentle hum of the airplane, the warmth of beomgyu's cinnamon scented hoodie engulfed your senses as your snuggled closer to him. taking a peek up, his eyes were fluttered closed in a gentle slumber, the dim blue glow of the airplane lights illuminating his pretty face. an earbud hung loosely from his ear, the other plugged into yours sharing it as the nostalgic tune of wonder by adoy seeped into your guy's ears, only you awake to hear your mutually favorite song.

the earbud fell out of your drowsy boyfriend's ear as he shifted in his seat; lazily adjusting to rest his cheek on the crown of your head while you hugged his arm. as you tried to return the earbud back to its place in his ear, his dark brown eyes fluttered open, still heavy from sleep. he softly smiled as your sleepy eyes met, momentarily closing his to release a long, awakening exhale through his nose before opening them again.

with no shame of being in a public area, you cuddled one another, limbs intertwined perfectly as always. he placed a kiss on the crown of your head as he held you tightly in his embrace, the faint vanilla scent of your hair controlling his senses as he snuggled closer to you. your sweet fragrance; his favorite in the world. and his cozy cinnamon scent; your favorite in the world. you two went so well together, even your fragrances intermingled as perfectly as your embrace; a sweet concoction of love.

he gazed out at the mysteriously dark sky as the plane jetted through the air smoothly, humming the tune of a song gently against your hair as you felt your heart rate slow. before you knew it, you were off into a gentle slumber; trading places with your boyfriend as he was now wide awake, only duty in mind to keep you warm and safe. his soft, deep voice your weakness; irresistibly falling asleep to it as his hum melted in your brain like honey.

two hours passed as beomgyu cradled you in the arms of his soft jacket, raking his gentle fingers through your hair as he watched the twinkling city grow as the plane descended little by little. the once small buildings transforming into their true height by the minute.