The story

It was lashing rain outside,Emiliana's father,Paul,was going to work until Emiliana hugged him tightly.

"Papa,please don't go!",Emiliana cried. "I want to stay with you..."

"Emiliana sweetie,",Paul said as he crouched down to her level. "You know how busy I am,but I have to,what might happen if I don't?"

"But dad,you'll only miss one shift.",said Emiliana. 

Paul sighed and ruffled her hair.

"I know dear,but it's really important.",Paul said as he kissed her daughter's head. "I'll come back at eight o'clock,okay?"

Emiliana nodded.

"That's a good girl.",He said.

Time passed as Emiliana wrote her homework.It was seven o'clock,meaning it was one hour until her dad gets home.She took a shower which it took thirty minuets and ate which took thirty minuets.

It was now eight o'clock,which meant that Paul was coming home.Emiliana sat on the stairs,waiting for her dad to come home.As the doorbell rang,Emiliana rushed to the door thinking it was her dad.But it wasn't,it was a postman.

"A letter for Edgar Darling?",the postman asked. 

Emiliana frowned. "That's next door.",said Emiliana as she closed the door.

Things were spriling through her head.Her dad always comes home at this time,was he running late?

Emiliana took a nap when she was sitting on the stairs.

Emiliana woke up,she was still on the stairs,and it was ten thirty?!

"Dad!",Emiliana called.But no-one came.

Emiliana walked to her dad's bedroom.He wasn't there.Emiliana started worring that her dad might not come back to her.

She drew attention to the front door.She wasn't allowed to go outside when it was this late.But only going outside just to check on her dad wouldn't hurt... right?

Emiliana opened the door and ran to her dad's work.It wasn't that far from her house.It was just a minute away from her house to her dad's work.

Emiliana opened the door to the building where her dad works.No-one was at the reception office.

"Hello?",Emiliana asked as her voiced echoed. "I'm only looking for someone called Paul Perfetti.He was supposed to come home at eight."

Emiliana spotted a light room called "Don paolo's office". She thought it was her dad's office since "paolo" and "Paul" Are kind of the same pronunciation.

Emiliana opened the door,there it was,her dad sleeping in an armchair.

Emiliana went over to him,he had second thoughts of waking him up.What if he would get mad at her? Emiliana decided to wake him up.But before she could do that,there was a notebook.

Emiliana,curious of what it is,decides to read it.

After she read it,she was shocked and horrified of what she read.It was an evil plan.And his alias was Don paolo.And was an evil genius who is still being found.She couldn't believe her dad would do such a thing.

Then,it sounded like Paul was waking up.Emiliana quickly hid behind a shelf,hoping she wasn't seen. 

"Eh...",Paul looked at the notebook which was on the ground.He knew it wasn't there.He left it on the table.

"Who's there?!",Paul yelled.Emiliana covered her mouth hoping she wouldn't be seen. "If you don't get out of where you're hiding,I'll crush you like a bug!"

"Please...",Emiliana whispered the tears in her eyes. "Please..."

Paul opened the door furiously.Like if there was water splashed in his face thanks to a kid. 

Emiliana had to do what she could.She had to bring her dad to justice or what else would happen.She wiped her tears and ran to the telephone.

She dialed the police and thankfully they answered.

"Hello?",asked the caller. 

"Please help! My dad is an actual criminal! He goes by the name Paul Prefetti.Or if you know his alias,Don paolo.",said Emiliana.

"Don paolo?! We've been looking for him for years.Where is he?",said the caller.

"Well,I'm at his building which is a minute away from my house.But I'm not sure if he's still here... but I can tell you where he lives!"

And so,Emiliana told the police everything.And just like that,he was arrested.Emiliana was sent to foster care which she was adopted by two couples.But the important thing is,she never forgot what happened when she was ten.