Chapter 8: This is Uncomfortable

Start from the beginning

Yu: "So then he beat up an entire biker gang to help out his mother."

Yosuke: "Wow, now that is one aggressively devoted son."

Y/N: "His heart is in the right place; however, his mind could have used a little help."

Mrs Tatsumi: "I'm thankful for everything he does for me, but it's not good for him to go out and get in trouble with the police."

Yosuke: "I can imagine that's a pain, going to the station every time."

Mrs Tatsumi: "I don't mind. They're both trying to make this town better for different reasons. You should go join your friend outside."

Everyone glanced over their shoulder to notice Yu talking to a young boy. We all said goodbye to Kanji's mum and walked over to Yu and the little boy. The kid seemed to be holding a small, palm-sized, pink, crocheted bunny with a little red strap.

Little boy: "The big guy helped me calm down, and he offered to make one to replace Sana's strap, and he even made one for me, too, so I could match with Sana's bunny."

Everyone was taken aback because the versions of Kanji in our heads were not the same as reality. 

Yosuke: "Are you saying that Kanji Tatsumi made a cute little bunny charm for you from scratch?"

Little boy: "Yeah."

Yukiko: "May I take a look at it?"

Little boy: "Sure."

Yukiko walked over and grabbed the bunny from the boy's hand to inspect it.

Yukiko: "Amazing. You have no idea this was handmade."

Chie: "It-it's super cute. I really don't know how to process the idea of Kanji making this thing."

Yosuke: "Man, this is freaky. He totally destroys the image I had of him."

Yu: "Hey, everyone's got their thing."

Y/N: "You can't judge a book by its cover, I guess. But still, you couldn't have predicted this."

Little boy: "Because of everything the big guy did, Sana forgave me, so I wanted to stop by and tell him thank you."

Yukiko: "Hey, listen, can I ask you for a favour."

Little boy: "Sure."

Yukiko: "Could we borrow this for a little bit? It's just we're trying to find Kanji, and we need his scent."

Little boy: "Well, if it's to help the big guy, I don't mind."

Yu: "Thanks, we'll return when we find Kanji."

Little boy: "Okay, good luck."

We all say thanks to the boy and rush back Junes. As we walked through the automated sliding doors of Junes, we encountered Naoto standing by the elevator doors of the Junes lobby. Naoto had a stressed look on her face.

Chie: "Hey, didn't we see that kid yesterday."

Y/N: "You too?"

It seemed our entrance caught Naoto's attention because she looked over at us.

Naoto: "Huh. So our paths cross again."

Y/N: "Yes, nothing has changed since I last saw you, hopefully. However, the expression on your face says overwise."

Naoto: "Well, have you heard? It looks as if Kanji is hiding out somewhere."

Yu: "Seems he might be."

 Yosuke: "Hey, by the way, what exactly was it that you and Kanji were talking about yesterday?"

Naoto: "Ehm, what do you want to know that for?"