icarus

*⁀➷ icarus【 fantastic 4 】

*⁀➷ icarus
【 fantastic 4 】

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

*ೃ༄ for reading:
times new roman
dark mode , size:
second smallest

and i'm sure i've seen much hotter men
but i really can't remember when

【 summary 】

    ▬▬INGRID RIVERS knew her life was going to change the moment she got offered a chance no girl in her early twenties would ever receive. It wasn't every day that a college student▬from E.S.U, no doubt▬managed to find herself interning for a self-made billionaire scientist with ambitions for space travel. And it is▬by far▬not an everyday opportunity to be offered to follow a team of scientists and astronauts into space to witness something that might change the world as they know it. Of course, one might mention it was a little sketchy to recruit a pilot who was kicked out of his NASA training for irresponsible activities (to put it lightly). Or, trusting the words of an M.I.T. genius graduate who had gone bankrupt would promise scientific discovery. Maybe she should have been hesitant that a self-made billionaire who was prepared to do anything to achieve his wealthy ambition would even allow such a thing. Better yet, why didn't Ingrid Rivers even stop and consider why Dr. Victor Doom thought allowing an intern into space was a good idea in the first place? It was riddled with insufficient, problematic and possibly very dangerous variables that Ingrid Rivers should have picked apart herself before she signed the contract agreement.

Truth was, usually, she would have. Every other day, she would have never taken up this opportunity. She would have dissected every possible outcome and realised that her lack of control over this situation would make her melt into a terrified puddle. But for once, Ingrid Rivers had tried something different. She had persuaded herself that this would be an opportunity; if she missed it, she'd regret it for the rest of her life. And so, for once, she told herself she didn't need to care about her finals or coffee rounds or next week's lecture on star clusters. She didn't need to worry about making sure she had a high G.P.A. or how she was going to get any sleep with her mountain of readings.

She was going to outer space.

And, of course, her space training was very limited (NASA wouldn't be proud). Her contract did mention possible death. The team she would be escorted with wasn't exactly the most close-knit group of adventurers▬And why did she sign up for this again?

Curiosity did kill the cat, and ambition burned the wings of the man who considered himself greater than any boundary. But this time, it wasn't satisfaction that brought Ingrid Rivers back.