Chapter 3 → first day to our hero academia

Start from the beginning

He had an interesting appearance, white and red cut hair and a part of his face was scar covered. The both of them sat in complete silence, neither starting up the conversation again. Jun bowed lightly in her seat and turned herself around to face the front of the classroom, she didn't exactly want to make it more awkward than it already had become. 

The small commotion by the classroom doorway caught both of their attentions, Midoriya and another student with short brown hair seemed to be talking by the doorway, as well as Bakugou and Iida still fighting over what they want to do and what they don't want to do. Jun watched the doorway as a taller male, looking older than everyone else here, appeared on the floor suddenly in a bright yellow sleeping bag, staring up at Midoriya and the girl. He said something Jun couldn't quite hear before exiting the sleeping bag and walking into the classroom. He stood up in the front of the classroom and yawned "Hello I am Shota Aizawa, and I'm your teacher,, I don't wanna talk much to put these on and head outside" 

The teacher held up a piece of clothing, Jun assumed it was the gym uniform like they have is every other normal highschool. Everyone seemed quite confused though, including Jun. They were supposed to go to an orientation, but apparently the plans have changed. 

――

Everyone got changed into the uniforms and went outside to a small training ground area, where they all stood next to each other, listening to Aizawa speak. "a quirk assessment test??" every one of the 21 students said in somewhat unison, some confused and other's just generally concerned. "but what are the orientation? aren't we gonna miss it?" the girl that was speaking with Midoriya earlier said, Jun was only focused on the other student's, examining their faces to try and remember exactly what their features looked like. 

"if you want to make the big leagues, then you can't be wasting your time with pointless ceremonies,, here at UA, we aren't tethered to traditions, so I get to run my class however I see fit." Again, everyone seemed to be taken aback by what he was saying, the majority being confused. "you've all been taking standardized tests, but I bet you've never gotten to use your quirks during physical ones,, the world wants us all to be equal by not allowing the powerful to use their abilities to the best." 

Aizawa turned in the direction of Bakugou and sighed "Bakugou, you got the highest points on the entrance exam, what is the farthest you have been able to throw a softball in junior high?" he huffed lightly and stuffed his hands into his pockets "67 meters I think". 

"now try to do it with your quirk" 

Bakugou went up and got a ball from Aizawa, stepping into the circle that was drawn out onto the roughened out ground. "anything goes, just stay inside the circle. Now go and stop wasting our times" 

Bakugou huffed to himself and took a step forward before launching the ball with an explosion so far Jun could barely see when it went. Everyone gasped as they watched the ball fly across the air and eventually land back on the ground far away "each and every one of you need to know your maximum capabilities, it's the most rational way of becoming a hero" he lifted up the device that he had in his hand, showing a total of 705.2 meters of distance. 

Jun fiddled with her hair, she was worrying a hole into her stomach all over again, she was so confused on how her quirk could be used to make herself throw farther, or run faster. Everyone around her talked amongst themselves, mentioning how fun it looked or how cool it's going to be, which got Aizawa to speak again " so you think this is fun? Idiots. you'll all be participating in 8 difference challenges to scale your full potential, and whoever fails the most, has no potential, and will be expelled immediately." 

Everyone showed concern again, Jun on the other hand was confused on how exactly he would be able to do that, but she chose not to think on it too much as Aizawa explained what exactly they would be doing. And at first was the 50 meter dash. 

Jun watched as everyone else went, some people going faster and some people going slowly than she imagined, but her turn eventually came up. The classroom had an odd number so Jun just had to go along by herself. She continued to think and think as the android at the end was counting her down, she couldn't think on anything she could actually do. When the timer went off, she just ran like some of her other classmates had done. 

"6.2 seconds!" 

Jun huffed as she was out of breath from her running, though she was proud that she was able to get a somewhat decent time, she still felt as though she wasn't doing the best we can. 

The challenges continued, the next one being the simple grip strength test. Jun only seemed to get 67.0kg, but that was to be expected from someone who couldn't use their quirk for strength purposes. 

The next one was a long jump, which was harder for Jun to come up with an idea for it, but once it got to her turn she did think up of something. she went over to the stand line and took a deep breath in, after being counted in she stopped her foot down onto the ground gently, a muddy looking rock shaped crystal appeared, boosting her when she jumped to get across the sand. Jun was successful in getting over the sand, but she fell and rolling in the dirt from the force that she used. 

The challenges continued, a repeated side step, sit ups, seated toe touch, and distance run. 

Lastly, there was the ball toss, and just about everyone had gone. Jun has learned the girl with short cut hair's name is Uraraka, and she had gotten and infinity on her's, and everyone else did pretty well on it, but now it was Midoriya's turn. He had gone to throw the ball, but then he had just, stopped? Jun watched as Aizawa's scarf like thing wrapped around Midoriya to where he could have a 1 on 1 talking with him, letting him go and letting him throw the ball again. 

Everyone, even Bakugou, seemed shocked when he was able to throw it with such force. Jun was absolutely confused, she saw him never use a quirk, but now he uses it for the last challenge? Bakugou seemed to have gotten angry when Midoriya used his quirk, which garnered Aizawa to stop him from using his quirk and trapped him in the scared 

"Ishioka, you're last" Aizawa reset his device and took Bakugou back to the others, waiting for Jun to walk up to the circle, in which she grabbed a ball and fidgeted with it in her hands. Jun huffed angrily at herself as her thoughts caught up to her, but she eventually took the ball and used her quirk to get a crystal to push the ball only a little farther. 

"505.0" 

Jun looked towards Aizawa and smiled happily, she actually was able to push herself and though of something for this last challenge. "move along, I'm going to show the results now" Aizawa pulled out a projector and showed the leaderboard. Jun searched for her name all over, starting to worry that she wasn't even on the list, but she found herself on spot 14th, right above Aoyama and below Asui. 

"and I was lying, no one's going home, that was just a rational deception to make sure you were giving it your all and what not" 

The whole class stood there in silence and shock, Jun being a little concerned that her teacher was willing to lie like that. "Everyone go get a syllabus before you leave class, see you tomorrow" and with that, Aizawa took his leave and left the class to just stand there.

――

The rest of the school day was as normal as it could be, just normal core classes and the regular syllabus' for the class that followed. Jun didn't really speak to anyone else for the rest of the day, besides at lunch, a nice girl from class 1-A named Mina came and talked to her. They mainly talked about their quirks and how cool they thought the other person was, but that was about it. 

No reason to worry huh,, I'm not sure why I was worrying in the first place if it was going to be like this. 

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

hope you enjoyed this chapter, I think it was my fastest written one, since I wrote it in under 2 days! 

Word Count ⇢ 2153 words
Uploaded ⇢ 10/07/23
Last Edited ⇢ 10/07/23