A/N

Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been like two years since I have updated this story. I got so caught up with other things and kind of lost inspiration. But, I am going to be (hopefully) releasing a new book soon here on Wattpad. It will be called Emercyn. Here's a sneak peek!

      Run. The only word on my mind. The only thing I know how to properly do.

   But it is of no use now. I have no where left to go. I'm surrounded.

   It started with only one chasing me. I could sense it's presence but could see no trace of what, or who, it was. My instincts told me to run. And so I did. I ran straight for the land overruled by trees.

   I ran and I ran, following the all too familiar route. As I sped through the forest, I looked over my shoulder to finally identify my chaser. It was much smaller than I thought, but I knew it was way stronger than any human being that could have chosen to chase me. It's silver coat was getting blown back by the mid-fall wind, but it was not slowed down. It let out a loud howl, and was soon accompanied by two others of its kind. But I kept running.

   I could feel my lungs starting to burn from running in the cold weather and my energy starting to get drained. I would not give up though. I turned my head back to the front, but realized to late the mistake I had made. I was then greeted by none other than a wolf staring back at me, ready to pounce at any minute. I met his gaze and turned to see him looking at what I presumed to be the alpha. The alpha looked from the fellow pack member up to me. It's ice blue eyes reading me.

   I then remembered the "gift" I had gotten earlier today and how it remained untouched. I slowly slid my hand into my pocket and wrapped my fingers around the small hilt. Faster than I could have ever imagined, I turned and threw the dagger, almost missing the wolf behind me. Almost.

   The wolf let out a loud yelp, seeing as I had hit its hind leg. It wouldn't be a fatal wound, but it wouldn't heal quickly. I turned to see that the number of wolves from before had multiplied. I was surrounded.

   I felt the chain around my neck start to get warmer, indicating that it was ready for use. I slowly raised my hand to the golden locket attached to the chain. I pressed the arrow design in the middle and felt the bow and quiver appear on my back. I grabbed my bow and an arrow, ready to shoot.

   A wolf launched it self into the air but I quickly struck it down with an arrow. Another one tried but quickly retreated when I lifted my bow and arrow. I was confused as to why the wolf was so startled by the arrow.

   Out of nowhere, a silver object flew through the air and hit one of the wolves, unfortunately, there was no coming back for this wolf. I looked to the direction from where the dagger came and was greeted by another human.

   A boy.

   I immediately noticed his eyes as they stared back at me. They were mostly a hazel color, but the beautiful golden specks in the mix were enough to make your breath catch. Next I noticed his chocolate brown hair and his lights skin. Then I noticed his mouth move. But, I couldn't hear anything. His whole persona seemed to go from being  calm (if that was even possible in this situation), to completely ecstatic. He then pointed to my left. I turned but was too late. The wolf jumped on my side and brought me to the ground.

   I used all my strength and was able to hit the wolf with an arrow that had fallen out of the quiver. I stood up and immediately felt a sharp pain run up my leg. I looked down and saw a long cut running down my left leg. I was about to start panicking when I remembered the boy. I looked up but I couldn't find him. Then I noticed all of the other wolves were gone.

   "What?" I thought out loud.

   Then I started feeling light headed. The world started spinning and I looked back to my wound. It was getting worse by the minute. I tried to walk over to a tree, but spots started to cloud my vision and my knees gave out. I expected to hit the ground, but I never did. Instead, I felt two strong, yet gentle, arms catch me. They readjusted to hold me under the knees and upper back. I made an effort to lift my head and see who it was. I was able to slightly raise it and used all of the power left in me to open my eyes.

   The last thing I saw was hazel mixed with gold.

   Then it all went black.