002. new years in monaco

Start from the beginning

"Welcome back to the real world, you two." Lorenzo greeted them as they walked down the stairs.

"We are going out to eat, do you want anything?" Marnie told them.

"Uh, no. We are coming out with you, mija, it's your last meal living here." Bianca stood up, moving to put her shoes on.

"Final dinner." Lorenzo pouted. "You're coming back right."

"Yes, papi, of course I'm coming back to visit." Marnie stated.

"I meant Max." Lorenzo deadpanned.

"Yes, I'm coming back." Max nodded. "This is home."

"Damn right it is." Marnie added.

The family then left the house, going out for a nice mean, full of fun and laughs and reminiscing about old memories before heading back home to take Max and Marnie to the airport. Marnie grabbed her suitcase, the rest of her belongings being shipped the next day. The girl vlogged the journey, a sad but excited smile on her face as she did.

When they arrived, Max got the girl's suitcase out of the boot of the car, handing it off to one of the workers on the airstrip of Max's private jet.

"I forget how rich you are." Marnie commented.

"How?"

"It's hard to remember that you're a famous two time world champion formular one driver when I've seen you cry your eyes out to toy story." Marnie shrugged.

"That movie was sad." Max defended himself. "You suggested we watched it."

"Actually P did, so..." Marnie reminded him. "I can't wait to see my favourite niece again."

"She's not your niece." Max stated.

"She calls me auntie Marns that makes me my niece." Marnie corrected him with a firm nod and a smile.

"Only cause Kelly got sick of trying to explain to P who you actually were." Max tilted his head at her.

"Why are you so hellbent on ruining my fun?" Marnie asked.

"Because it's fun for me." Max responded.

"Idiota." Marnie shook her head before turning to face her parents with a small sigh. "This is goodbye."

"Don't say that." Bianca ordered with a look. "You'll come and visit."

"As often as I can." Marnie replied with a soft smile.

"Good." Bianca sent her a firm nod. Marnie just stared at her for a second, the woman breaking almost instantly, bringing her daughter in for a tight hug. "Oh, mija, te voy a extranar mucho, estar segura. Te quiero y traer a un nino a casa de vez en cuando."

"Ay, mami." Marnie exclaimed, shaking her head. "Voy a tratar de, te quiero muchisimo."

Bianca kissed her daughter's cheek, hugging her once more before stepping away. Lorenzo stepped over to the girl as Bianca moved to talk to Max.

"I'm so proud of you, Marnie." Lorenzo stated. "I can't believe you're leaving home, moving so far away."

"Monaco is not that far away." Marnie told him.