Buried in Lies

Anna had spent the next few days trying to decide if she was ready to move on or if this was her final stop for a while. The way the night had ended with Jonathan she was sure he would have called her already but it has been three days and nothing yet. Anna was beginning to think she had acted too quick on leaving New York, she had no idea what she was going to do. The money she had was not going to last very long at the rate she was going. Anna didn't have a lot of her clothes with her and she needed to buy more and that put a nice little dent in her nest egg. Feeling like it was time to give in Anna sat on her hotel bed staring at her phone, she was internally fighting with herself on whether to call her parents or not. Finally she decided to just give her sister a call to at least let her know that she was still alive and doing ok and maybe help her find a job.

The phone rang a few times before Trisha answered. "Hello." Trisha said sounding confused on who would call her with a blocked number.

"Trish." Anna said in a soft voice.

"Arianna Lynn Westbrook, where the hell are you?" Trisha snapped at her, Trisha and her parents were so worried after not hearing from her in over two weeks. "What the hell were you thinking leaving like that? Daddy has all his friends at NYPD on full alert!"

"Trish calm down."

"Calm down... you want me to calm down!" Trisha yelled and Anna pulled the phone away from her ear for a few seconds. "Come home and I'll calm the hell down!"

"Is that Arianna on the phone?" she heard her father ask Trisha. "Give me the phone I want to talk to her."

"No Trish, don't give him the phone." Anna had quickly said but it was too late.

"Arianna you need to bring your ass home right now! You have put this family through enough of your childish bullshit!" he snapped at her once he was handed the phone.

Hearing him yell at her like that just gave Anna even more of a reason to stay right where she was. "I'm not coming back, I just wanted to let all of you know that I was ok."

"I will not have one of my children defy me like this." He yelled at her. "I said bring your ass home, do not make me come after you."

"If you come looking for me I will tell everyone I walked in on you and your partner's wife fucking in your office." Anna yelled back at him. "I am not coming back there... I won't sit around there knowing you're screwing around on mom. I wanted to go out on my own and you refuse to help me so now I'm doing it without you."

"Arianna is that what all this is about?" he asked in a stunned voice. "It was only the one time and it won't happen again just bring yourself home, you have your mother worried."

"This is the third time you have slept with someone else other than mom, that I know of. I've heard her crying about it and when I finally confront you the only thing you would talk about is me showing your golf buddy's son around town." She yelled at him. "When I said no you took my car from me and said I couldn't get back until I learned to listen... and don't worry I won't tell anyone about you and Denise as long as you stay away from me."