Sometimes

Sometimes life hurts...

Tommy knows that, how could he not with all the scars he's accumulated over the years. Some were from himself, and others were from his so-called "family".

Tommy was five when he got his first scar it was a small thing no bigger than a freckle, but it was what caused it that made it what the most memorable.

It all started the day his mom was buried (which itself was a memorable day). His family was in the cemetery after the funeral he was standing by his father.

He asked his father why they were just standing there, not realizing the significance of the situation. He just wanted to leave and see momma again. He didn't understand why they were crying. Momma was at home waiting for them.

His father answered with words that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

"We are mourning your mother, my wife, who I love more that I will ever love you," His father said while reaching into his pocket and pulled out a small pointy rock "play with this and stop whining." He said while throwing the rock at Tommy.

It hit him just under his eye and then clattered to the ground. When he went to pick it up, he noticed a small blotch of red. He didn't want to cause a scene, so he just sucked it up and waited.

And that was just the start of the scars and the horrors he would see.