2

The all powerful Laura-

As I wait outside of the airport for Laura to pick me up, I see a boy who looks familiar but I just don't know why.

20 minutes have passed and still waiting for Laura. does she not know that I'm not used to the heat. I checked the temperature on my phone.

95 degrees.

Hawt

Damn

I'm burning. the sweatshirt and leggings that I was wearing didn't help at all. I sat down at the nearest bench under the shade. taking off about 10 degrees of pure tourture.

I suddenly see a gray pick up truck pull up to the side of the curb.

Laura.

She rolled down her window.

"MARIA!" she screamed. nearly killing my ears.

I ran up to the car and quickly threw my bags in the back. I got in the front seat and shut the door.

Laura then threw her tan skinny arms around my shoulders as I did the same.

"Oh my god! I missed you so much!" She shouted.

I heard a car horn causing us to jump. I looked back to see that there was a line of cars waiting behind us.

We drove off to Laura's. as she drove, we had the longest and funniest conversation ever.

This was going to be a good summer.

"So how was senior year in montana?" she asked.

I looked down at my lap. not wanting to tell what happened.

"Oh no, what happened." did I mention she's a mind reader? whatever you are thinking, she will guess it correctly. no matter how far away from her you are, she will know if something's up.

"I got daily beatings." I stated. I snapped my lips shut not wanting to talk about what else had happened.

"Are they by the same people as last year?" she asked. her eyes full if worry but still glued to the road.

"Yeah, it's still Jason and Marko." I said lifting my head up.

"Well, did you go to any dances?" She tried to change the subject a little.

I shook my head.

"Not even Prom?" she asked quirking an eyebrow.

I shook my head. she looked at me completely astonished.

"Why didn't you go to Prom?" her voice sounded sympathetic.

"Nobody likes me and I don't have any friends." I stated.

"You have to at least have one friend!" she said.

"No. the only friend I have is you." I said. she pulled over.

She looked at me with sorrow in her light brown eyes. and reached over and gave me a hug.

She began to drive again.

"Well I'm having a party next week and I'm sure you will make friends there." she cheered. I put on a fake smile.

"Stop I know that smile is fake." she said with a serious face.

"Can you not read my mind for a little more that half a second?" I laughed and she laughed with me.

As the car ride continued, she told me more about how we are going o make a Summer Bucketlist. everything sounded so fun!

This is going to be a great summer.