Grim, Yuu's protector and genius in playing games

Start from the beginning

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Stepping out of the mirror into the entrance of the Ignihyde Dorm, the two of you were surrounded by a bunch of skeletons that looked like they were holding the dorm up. Looking around the place before beginning to walk up the large staircase, Grim's grip on your shoulder tightened slightly, the ends of his fur rising up.
"This place is so creepy.." Grim muttered, staring down the staircase, at the void hidden by the fog. It sent chills down his spine to think of the possibility of falling down the stairs, down in that void that was decorated with sharp bones that resembled fingers.

"It does look like we're in a horror game." you pointed out, looking at the blue glowing eyes of the skeletons. Grim raised his eyes to look up, before letting a screech and holding on your shoulder tightly. It could've been Grim's imagination, but he believed their eyes seemed to follow the both of you.

"Aww, Grim.." you patted his head gently, hoping to reassure him. "It's alright. Nothing's gonna happen." looking around the dorm and at the skeletons, you remembered of your last visit.

After spending hours in Idia's room playing his new horror game, you had to walk back alone all the way to Ramshackle. The hallways of Ignihyde were vacant and silent, the only source of light being the neon blue emanated by the dozens of screens. It did made you feel on edge the fact you were the only one present in the hallways, your footsteps echoing with each step you took.

Walking down the stairs to the mirror, you felt the skeletons' eyes on your back, watching you descend the staircase, much like how Grim felt right now. It didn't help that the sun had come down a while ago, the sky getting a dark blue and you knew your journey back to Ramshackle was not over yet. You still had to walk from the Hall of Mirrors to Ramshackle, but at least the mirrors weren't so far away from your home.

Going back to the present, you finished walking up the stairs, now reaching the lounge of the dorm. As usual, there was almost no one around, except for one or two Ignihyde students that just so happened to be there.
Carrying on, you walked straight to Idia's room. Grim's fear began to evaporate, getting calmer as his grip on your shoulder loosened. He was still quiet, his thoughts away from the creepy entrance and now to the gloomy boy and his tuna.

Grim had a plan in his head. He's going to keep an eye on the boy to make sure nothing more happens between his hench-human and the Ignihyde Housewarden. And if it does, he's going to threaten Idia for more tuna to keep quiet.

Arriving at his door, you knocked twice on the door. "Idia, it's me, Yuu."
You waited until Idia came to open the door instead of opening the door yourself. You heard some shuffling around on the other side of the door and Grim couldn't help but comment something, "What's taking him so long?"

Grim didn't even bother to ask his question in a more quiet tone. You were sure Idia could've heard Grim's rude question.
You shot a look at Grim, looking disappointedly at him.
"Patience, Grim." you whispered. "You didn't have to say that so loud."

Grim huffed and at continued to speak in his loud tone, "What's the deal if he heard me? He could hurry up and open the door already!"
You sighed. Once again, you felt like a parent taking care of a stubborn and rude kid. Instead the kid was a talking cat monster.
"Just have a little patience and don't be rude."

"Fine, fine. I won't be rude." Grim rolled his eyes and spoke in a not so enthusiastic voice.

Idia on the other side of the door was panicking.

He was playing one of his games without wearing his headphones as he waited for you to arrive. When you knocked and heard your voice, Idia quickly got up and took one last look around his room to make sure everything was alright. This time around, he had the time to throw the empty packaging of sweets that were lying around and clean his room so it could be at least presentable.