Chapter 1

"Mom turn it up this is my favorite song!" Said Iris, a tall girl with straight long blond hair and green eyes, when Shake it Off started. 

" Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake. Shake it off! Shake it off!" Sang Faith, Iris's identical twin sister. Snow fell softly on the car as the girls and their parents drove to their grandparents' winter cabin. Every year since Iris and Faith were born the Dari family had gone to Iris and Faith's grandparents' winter cabin up by Mount Rainer. The car came to a stop as they pulled into the wide dirt driveway. The two-story log cabin was small with a kitchen and living room, downstairs, two bedrooms upstairs and an outhouse around back . The lake next to the house was frozen over excepted for one spot which was for the water bucket. The cabin was old. Very old. And had no fresh water plumbing. So the Dari's used a bucket to get water from the lake, which was Iris's job because she was the only one who liked to be outside in the cold. Iris jumped out of the family's silver Accord, and onto the crisp white soft snow. When As Faith slipped out of car tugging on her coat caller, Iris threw a snowball at her shoulder. 

"Hey!" Faith cried out. 

"Oh come on sis! Your fine! A little snow isn't going to kill you!" Iris told her sister who was now standing on the porch steps waiting for their dad to open the door. 

" Well, unlike you I like to stay warm and dry inside, not out in the cold freezing to death," Faith said as she turned around and walked into the house.  

Iris stood up on a large rock by the lake and rolled her eyes. Even though the girls had their differences they were still best friends. 

"Just because we're twins doesn't mean we like the same things!" Iris said with a smile as she got off the rock and ran towards the house.