The bickering continues until they hear a familiar clearing of the throat, prompting them to look up. In front of them stands Mariana, holding a tray of snacks to replenish what they've consumed.

"Maybe you should take a break," Mariana suggests.

"That's a good idea, Mama!" Ian beams and reaches for an empanada when his mom slaps his hand. "Ow!"

"Stop giving Lea a hard time, Ian. I can hear you from upstairs." Lea suppresses a giggle while Ian gives her a look. Clearly, his mother prefers his best friend. "Besides, it's not polite in front of your guest." Mariana turns to Jessica, who was already watching them. "I'm sorry, dear. These two are like kids sometimes."

Jessica smiles. "It's okay, ma'am. They're cute, actually."

Mariana beams. "They are, aren't they? Did you know that when they were young -"

"Ma!"

"Mama Yans..."

Both Ian and Lea intervene, trying to stop Mariana from sharing potentially embarrassing childhood stories. They know their parents have a treasure trove of such tales, and they'd rather not let other people hear them.

Mariana is about to continue when they hear a car honking outside. Jessica checks the time and quickly gathers her things.

"You're leaving?" Ian asks.

"Yeah, my ride's here," Jessica replies.

"I'll walk you to the gate," Ian offers, hoping to make a good impression on his crush. Jessica doesn't refuse, and they start heading to the front door, leaving Lea and Mariana behind.

"Thanks for having us over, Ian," Jessica tells him as they reach the gate.

"No problem at all. You're welcome here anytime," Ian says with a charming smile.

Outside, a black Honda Civic is waiting, and before Ian can open the passenger door, a guy steps out from the driver's side. He looks a bit older than them, and Ian notices how Jessica smiles warmly at the guy.

"Hi, Babe!" Jessica greets the guy, and he responds by putting an arm around her waist. Ian gets the message immediately. He didn't know that Jessica had a boyfriend.

"Pare," the guy says with a warning tone, signaling to Ian that Jessica is taken.

"Ian, meet Chad, my boyfriend," Jessica introduces them. Chad extends a hand, and Ian shakes it to be polite.

Ian looks at Chad, trying to remember if he goes to the same university, but he doesn't recognize him. He clears his throat before asking a question, "So, Pare, are you from around here?"

Chad shakes his head. "I'm from Corinthians. I go to Ateneo." Ian nods in understanding. That's why he isn't familiar. He makes a mental note to forget about pursuing Jessica.

"Anyway, we should get going," Chad says and leads Jessica to the passenger door. He then goes around to the driver's side and drives off.

Ian is about to head back inside when a familiar Mercedes-Benz stops in front of him and honks. He smiles and waves at the driver, and soon, he sees Mariana and Lea, with all her school stuff, walking towards him.

Ian turns to face Lea. "Uuwi ka na rin?"

"Yeah. I still have to finish a project for our Planning 1 subject. Are you done with yours?"

Ian groans. "Not yet." He hasn't even started, and it looks like it's going to be an all-nighter for him. He really wants to get out of architecture.