Chapter 23: Family, Friends and Identities (2)

Start from the beginning

"When I saw him, he was being restrained by two of our strongest guards, they were taking him to our solitary confinement area." Damian clarified, not exactly knowing why he did so. "He was thrashing, snarling like a wolf cub that had been taken away from its mother." Damian began to walk down the hall, hearing Drake's footsteps softly trailing behind him as he took a turn. "It was a miracle he actually managed to become sane again after emerging from it.

It didn't seem like it at first by the way he reacted once he was out of the waters...

Even Grandfather found it fascinating to see a person react so violently after emerging from the Pits. He had neutralized the entire security around the waters, something only Grandfather had done." He noticed Drake tense at his words.

He remained silent as they approached what he recalled to be his father's room. Or at least, what should be his room if the floor plan he memorized was accurate to date.

He turned the knob, surprised to see that it was actually open.

Damian's enthusiasm was short lived as he found nothing as he rummaged through the drawers and walkthrough closet, tapped at the bottom of every drawer, inspected the floors for any creaks, lifted any carpet he could find and checked behind any furniture he could move.

Not a single thing stood out from the norm..except for a few papers that laid on the nightstand.

Picking them up, he examined them, noticing that they were hotel reservations, attraction reservations, a few copies of money transfers...

"Oh, you found the tickets for Disneyland Bruce was looking for yesterday." Drake casually stated, taking them out of his hand. "Should probably tell him-"

"Why does he need these? Are they part of some mission? But even then it wouldn't make any sense. Why would he only need reservations for two people if it's just-"

"He actually bought them for Harley and Ivy as thanks for- that's right." Drake tried to redirect, quickly making his way towards the door, apparently not knowing any better. "Alfred-"

Damian quickly grabbed him, throwing him to the ground, pressing one of his daggers against his neck.

"Speak. Or else."

"First, take that off me." Drake demanded, Damian noticing the small trembles in his voice as he attempted to speak firmly. "Then I'll tell you."

Damian slowly lifted the blade, observing every moment from Drake as he slowly sat up. "As I mentioned, Bruce had bought these for Harley and Ivy."

"Before you fail to mention why specifically Father bought those for Doctors Quinzel and Doctor Isley."

"It's seems like you already know who-"

"The Jester and plant maniac? I spent hours reviewing their files down-"

"Right... you see, they're Amira's therapists."

"Therapy? Why would-"

"That's something you should ask her, not me."

"Why should I-"

"Just because I know why Amira receives therapy doesn't permit me to tell others the reason why she does." Drake reminded him, getting up and dusting himself. "Since it is something relating to her, it's up to her whether or not she wants to share her personal activities. Even if they are family." Drake slowly opened the door to walk out. "After all, family doesn't always mean they respect your decisions and boundaries. Not even being blood related guarantees being understood...and I know that better than anyone...even you."

With that, Drake left the room, leaving Damian to his own devices.

Blood...

Ra's always told him that blood was everything. Blood was family and that there wasn't anything blood couldn't do when it came to achieving greatness...especially for an Al Ghul.