Chapter 22: Family, Friends and Identities (1)

Start from the beginning

"You passed out after Selina went to find you."

"What about Tim? Did he say anything? Because I'm assuming he did if Selina found out I was coming back via zeta-"

"He only told us that. That you were coming back." Wally tightened his grasp on Amira. "Amira, what exactly do you mean 'not dead'? What happened at the manor?"

Amira pursed her lips before sighing.

"Where should I start? From the moment I stepped into the Cave or how I got these injuries?"

"Probably from the Cave." Just as Amira was about to retell the story, the duo heard rapid footsteps rushing upstairs.

"Marinette!" Chloe yelled, Amira flushing red when she realized she was still holding Wally's hands, taking a step back, only for the two to get tackled by Chloe. "Marinette!"

Chloe proceeded to cry, clinging onto Marinette, Wally giving her a small smile as he helped the two back up. "I missed you!"

"Guess I'll leave to-"

"Chloe! You can't just- Marinette!" Sabrina was about to scold, only to join Chloe in the group hug. "You're al-you're not alright! What happened to your hand? Your face?"

"Got in a fight with someone and sprained my hand a bit, but I'm alright. And before you ask, no. It wasn't from the person who "kidnapped" me." Marinette clarified when she saw anger flash in Sabrina's eyes. "These were from someone...else."

Wally narrowed his eyes. "Wally, you don't have to worry about them anymore. They should be in Arkham right about now." She assured in English, risking the chance that Sabrina might possibly know the language. As for Chloe, Amira could only hope for her to ignore the comment.

"I still want to know what happened."

"I'll tell you later. For now," She gestured at her two friends still hugging her. "Let's go downstairs. I think it's about time we let the others know I'm okay, don't you think?"

-

Tim watched as Bruce frantically stuffed a bag together, watching as he finished placing a silver case over his luggage. 

Amira's sudden appearance in Gotham and then Ra's appearance with Damian at the manor followed by Slade's raid...something was up.

Bruce let out a huff, still attempting to process everything that happened last night, which only reminded him that he needed to make sure he had to be prepared for anything coming their way...especially Amira's.

Of course, his concern caused him to shut Alfred's attempts at a proper conversation. He knew Alfred was trying to tell him something, but that could wait.

He needed to go to Paris to make sure Amira was alright.

Bruce's panicked state also caused a certain someone to want to be filled in with the details, disguising his interest with curiosity.

"Father, why can't I go?" Damian asked for the umpteenth time, Tim wondering when he was going to stop.

Seriously, it was starting to become annoying. He's been at it for the past ten minutes.

"I already told you. You are to stay here and wait for my return."

"I can help."

"Damian, I already told you no." Bruce sternly reminded him.

"Just-"

"I said no and that is final." Bruce sternly said, Tim watching Damian promptly shut up. After a very long silence between the two, Damian let out a small huff.