chapter five - smoking

Start from the beginning

"Let's get back then before she gets even more mad." Colby stood up and offered me a hand. I gladly held onto his cold hands as he pulled me up.

"Oh my god Lily answer your phone would you!" Amy yelled.

I just rolled my eyes, headed over to my suitcase and began to pick my outfit for the day.

"What should i wear today?" I popped my head up waiting for an answer.

"Rug up. It's going to be cold. Comfy but practical." Sam replied with a grin.

" Sam replied with a grin

the outfit ^^^^

Time skip
__________________

Before we knew it we were back in the car, off to a new location. I connected my headphones to my phone and put my playlist on shuffle play.

White Ferrari - Frank Ocean
I'm sure we're taller in another dimension
You say we're small, and not worth the mention
You're tired of movin', your body's achin'

The sound of the guitar strummed through my ears as we headed around windy roads and up the mountains. Allowing my exhaustion to take over, i fell asleep, resting my head against the window of the car.

Lily wake up sweetie we need to talk.

Your father has passed away love.

i'm so sorry.

I awoke, tears streaming down my face at the dream i had. Everyone else in the car was quietly talking, meanwhile, i just looked out the window to try and distract myself.

Colby made one last final turn into a open space.

Red Rock CampGround

Excitement filled me. I loved camping and i hadn't been for years. My dad and i used to go all the time back in Kansas. We would make s'mores, sit around the campfire and just talk for hours.

Amy and i fumbled out of the car and headed over to our camp spot while we waiting for the boys too grab the stuff from the trunk. I noticed the both of them were struggling to carry all the items so i hurried over towards them.

"Here give a few things to me." I said.

Sam managed to get a good grip on everything and carried it over, meanwhile, Colby was stumbling and dropping items.

"Oh my god this is embarrassing." Colby sighed

I just laughed at his words and picked up things from the ground, grabbing a few from his hands while at it. He thanked me, smiling brightly as we walked towards everyone else.

"Right. Let's get these tents set up and a fire going. Does anybody know how to set up a tent?" Sam said.

"I do! Me and my dad used to go all the time. It's easy. While i do this, you guys go look for sticks and branches so we can make the fire." I replied

"Sam and Amy you go find the wood. I'll stay here and help Lily." Colby called out.

Sam shot Colby a smile and a look i couldn't quite make out. They both seemed deep into a mental conversation that neither me or Amy could decipher. Colby quickly turned back around and began to help me.

"No Colby that rod goes through this hole then down over here."

"No it clearly goes through this one."

I grabbed the rod and did as i said. To no surprise, i was right. I'm always right though let's be realistic.

I hammered in the final nail and took a few steps back.

"Tadaaa!" I sang.

Colby came over to me, giving me a double give five then heading towards the inside of the tent. He gently laid down, putting his arm behind his neck for support.

"Don't get comfy brock we still have another tent to do for you and Sam." I said while climbing into the tent with him.

He groaned and rolled over to face me.

He put his arms around my waist and pulled me down towards him. He buried his face into my neck and we laid in silence.

"Or we could just not do the other tent and we can stay here." He mumbled against my neck.

The feeling of his lips barely brushing my lips sent sparks through me.

I felt comfortable.

I felt safe.

"Colby you know they would kill us if we didn't set theirs up. For christ's sake they would probably light us on fire instead of the wood." I spoke softly while gently brushing my hand through his hair.

It felt so wrong.

Yet so right at the same time.

I could stay here forever. Embraced in his arms. Out of harms way. Just him and i.

"Uhhh what are you guys doing?" Amy said while looking directly at me. I hadn't even noticed she was here.

Colby began to butcher his words, not being able to form a proper sentence. He began to unwrap his arms around me. The warmth suddenly turned cold.

"I was just upset about...you know.." I spoke softly, trying to convince Amy.

"Did you tell him?" She spoke firmly.

"No he doesn't know. He could tell i was upset so he offered me a hug." I quickly said.

She glared at me, closed the tent and walked off.

I left out a breathe i didn't even realise i was holding in.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that i don't know what came over me." Colby quickly spat out with a look of disappointment on his face.

I placed my hand on his arm, dragging my fingers up and down. A simple act of reassurance.

"Colby it's okay. It felt really nice. Thank you. I didn't actually realise how much i needed that." I said, a faint blush covering my cheeks.

He gave me a weak smile and sat up slightly.

"Cheer up Colbs, this is meant to be fun and full of happiness." I spoke

He turned his head back over towards me.

Shit.

A/N: AHHHHH finally something is happening between them.